"No ..." Steve trailed off, looking guiltily at Adeline because he knew he didn't tell her.

"I found it in a file when I was on a mission. A file, Steve," Adeline said, getting up from the bed, followed by Steve. "You complete idiot, you didn't think to tell your best friend about what you were up to? And for three months I sat in that Hydra compound, only looking forward to beating you up for not telling me." Even though Steve was now taller than Adeline, she could tell that she still could intimidate him.

"Well, to be fair, you died," Steve stated. Adeline made sure her bandage was tight around her hand as she balled it, sending a punch at Steve. He let out a pained gasp, placing a hand over his jaw. Adeline gave him a glare, walking past him.

"Adi!" He called after her. "Adeline, come on. Hey!" Steve grabbed Adeline's upper arm, spinning her around so she stopped walking away from him. He was much stronger than before and Adeline didn't like it.

"What?" Adeline asked.

"You can't stay mad at me forever," Steve said.

"Want a bet?" Adeline asked.

"Okay, okay, just ... I'm going out tonight if you wanted to join me. There's a bar a few blocks from here. Bucky will be there and a few of the soldiers," Steve said.

"I don't even have a dress," Adeline said softly. Steve just smiled.

"That's no problem, follow me," he said, taking her hand and leading her to a tent.

~*~

"Darling, I'm sure this is going to be the one, come on out," Peggy said encouragingly. Steve had sent Adeline with Agent Peggy Carter to shop for a dress. She was beautiful and Adeline could tell how Steve fell for her no matter how much he denied it.

"Okay, okay," Adeline said. She pushed aside the curtain and revealed herself in a loose dress. The expensive material looked like a cheap rag as it hung off Adeline's body.

"Well, it could be a bit tighter in the waist," she said hesitantly.

"I'm sorry," Adeline sighed.

"No, no, dear, there's nothing to be apologizing for," Peggy said. "You're just so ... small." Adeline knew Peggy wanted to know what happened to her in the Hydra base. Though Adeline had gained much of her weight back in just the few weeks she had returned, she was still rather thin.

"Excuse me," Peggy said to the passing Italian woman who owned the small boutique. "Could we get alterations?"

"Yes, yes, of course," the older woman said in a cheery voice. She was plump with neat grey hair. "Come, come." The older woman led Adeline out, taking measurements.

"Can I just not go?" Adeline mumbled as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was messily cut and many large parts were missing, causing her thin figure look sickly.

"Bucky will want to see you there," Peggy said, sitting to the side of Adeline.

"Not like this," Adeline responded.

"Don't talk like that, Adeline," Peggy scolded softly.

"Peggy, you can't honestly think I look beautiful like this," Adeline said, getting mad at herself more than anything.

"Adeline, you are beautiful," Peggy insisted. "You've just been to hell and back. Besides, your healing is going extraordinarily well for a person who has been held captive for three months. If he can't see that then you should move on." A flash of sadness clouded Peggy's eyes and Adeline could only assume that she had personal experience. Adeline nodded, looking back at herself in the mirror. She did truly look sickly, but she was still Adeline. Peggy was right in some regard. If Adeline looked at herself only a week ago, she would have been unrecognizable. Adeline quickly changed, handing the dress to the Italian shopkeeper to be altered then she sat across from Peggy.