"What more is there to tell me?" Harry wondered. He lifted his hand up and started to lightly trace patterns on the side of Louis' face. "I feel liked I have a pretty good idea of who you are."

Louis lifted a shoulder to shrug. "How about this ..." Harry raised his eyebrows. "Spend my birthday with me."

Harry sunk against the mattress, a mixture of scoff and a laugh coming out. "Louis, we're not even together."

"Yeah, so? We're also not supposed to be having sex anymore."

Harry rolled his eyes.

"Just think about it," he settled with.

Honestly, just thinking about it for the moment, it did seem nice to spend Louis' birthday with him. Harry didn't exactly know what they would do or where they would go, but it could be nice to pretend. They wouldn't have to worry about other people around catching the two of them together, and they wouldn't have to worry about all the bullshit that constantly surrounded them.

It seemed like a big step and maybe something that could lead to the possibility of them officially being a couple. Harry might be reaching with that one, but it had to mean something if Louis wanted to spend his birthday with only him. That wasn't some platonic, two people who have sex kind of thing. That was more like a boyfriend thing - like two people smitten with one another and want to spend as much time together. Harry really could get on board with a weekend getaway for Louis' birthday.

As the two of them lay there, Louis' eyes eventually trailed over the digital clock on Harry's nightstand. When he realized what time it was, which was nearing midnight, his eyes widened in shock. He quickly scrambled up from the bed and walked around to pick up his stuff that had been thrown in the room. Harry's brows furrowed together as he sat up against the headboard, pulling the comforter higher up his stomach and pouted, having a sinking feeling weight heavy on his chest.

"You could stay, you know."

Louis grabbed his duffle bag off the floor after he dressed and walked to the side of the bed. With a coy smile, he said, "We aren't together, remember?"

Harry grabbed the closest pillow and chucked it right at his head. Louis laughed and placed his knee on top of the mattress, leaning in closer until his face was right in front of him. "I'm taking my sisters to school in the morning," he then admitted, face softening. "I can't stay."

Harry tried not to let the disappointment show, but he knew he wasn't hiding it very well. All they did was have sex and part ways. Just once, Harry wanted to be cuddled. He wanted the aftercare of being peppered with kisses and with love. Having ginger light touches across his body and warm arms wrapping him up against a chest. Harry never once had that.

Not even with Reid. He was hoping that with Louis, things would start to be different, but it still seemed like they had the same routine every time they met up like this. They would fuck, and then Louis would leave. And every time that happened, Harry felt worse and worse on the inside.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Harry settled with, holding his breath, feeling a lump grow in his throat.

Louis smiled in response and pressed in close for a goodbye kiss. Sadly, he left afterward. He opened the bedroom window some more and then weaseled his way out. Part of the roof was right outside of Harry's room, and it ran along the side of the house to the yard fence. It was easy for Louis to hop down from the roof and step carefully onto one of the fence panels. Harry had watched him do it one time, ensuring that it wasn't too dangerous for to do. It wasn't like he could have Louis walking in and out the front door, especially when it was almost midnight.