Chapter twelve: First day of shool

Start from the beginning

'Very good.' Tony nodded.

'And what did I tell you to do if someone doubts you or is on your case?' Natasha asked.

'Add detail. The more detail the better.' I repeated her previous words and she clapped.

'And the student graduates.' She smirked. 'Now, piss off. You've got some learning to do. One of us will pick you up at 2.'

'Okay.' I nodded. 'Where do I go now?'

'The front desk.' Tony nodded as he and Natasha prepared to leave me here. 'You'll be okay, Kid.' He gave me a nod and pat on the shoulder and Natasha hugged me.

I watched Tony's fancy car drive away before turning on my heels and walking over to the big ass school.

I collected my timetable and locker number and code from the front desk and she asked me to wait for a student to come and show me to my first lesson.

'Ah here he is. Peter, this is Charlotte Rogers. Miss Rogers this is Peter Parker. He will show you around.'

'Great, thank you.' The receptionist disappeared and I was left alone with Peter Parker.  'Hi, I'm Charlotte Rogers.'

'I'm Peter Parker. Uhm, uh, what lesson do you have first?' He asked nervously. I showed him my timetable and he nodded. 'Ah chemistry, room 205. The same as me. In fact we have the exact same schedule. How did that happen?' He asked confused.

I shrugged. 'Must be a coincidence.' I laughed. This must've been Tony's doing. 'So, who's the teacher?'

I made small talk with Peter all the way to class. It was awkward and weird but I did it. He seemed like a pretty nice guy and was easy to talk to.

The day ran smoothly. I ate lunch with him and his friend, Ned, who he introduced me to at break.

At 2pm, the bell rang to signal that it was home time and we were free. I picked up my bag from under the desk and sling it over my shoulder.

I walked out with Ned and Peter, who were talking about Star Wars. '-and we can finish the Lego version after dinner.' Ned finished. He elbowed Peter and Peter nodded.

'Charlotte?' Peter asked. I had been responding to the name perfectly all day but it seemed to take a while for it to register that he was talking to me.

'Yeah? Sorry, I was daydreaming.'

'Do you wanna come by and help me and Ned finish our Star Wars Lego Death Star?'

I gave him a small smile and bit my lip. 'As nice as that sounds, I have plans tonight. Thank you though.'

'Are you not a Star Wars fan?' Ned asked, a face full of concern as he side eyes Peter.

'No, I love Star Wars.' I lied through my teeth. 'I just have plans.'

'Like a date?' Ned pushed for another answer. Peter elbowed him and gave him wide eyes but Ned continued to pester me for an answer.

'No, no. Just a family dinner.' I told them and they seemed to by it.

'Well, can we walk you home?' Peter asked politely.

I thought about them finding out about the Avengers compound and seeing their star struck faces but I had to decline. 'Thank you, Peter. I really appreciate it, but my...dad, is picking me up.'

'Oh... then, see you tomorrow I guess?' Peter said kinda disappointed.

'Of course. Thank you for today, I would've been totally lost without you.' I said and he beamed, a little proud of himself.

We said goodbye and I watched them walk away. Once I was sure they were out of sight, I ran around the corner to the door Tony and Natasha dropped me off this morning.

I spotted a black suv and cautiously approached the vehicle. Once I got close enough the tinted window opened and I was met with the familiar face of Clint.

'Get it, little thing.' Clint sang before putting the window back up. I rolled my eyes and walked around to the passengers side.

The drive back to upstate New York took half an hour and soon I was back in my comfortable leggings and oversized shirts.

I grabbed an apple from the bowl on the kitchen table and just as I sat down, Steve walked into the living room in his training clothes.

'Finally.' He sighed putting his hands on his hips. 'I've been waiting for you in the gym for almost 45 minutes.'

I complete forgot about training. 'I'm sorry Steven. I've been at school all day. Rain check?'

'No.' He shook his head. 'Are you injured?'

'No.'

'Are you sick?'

'No.'

'So get your ass down to the gym.' Steve sassed.

I groaned as I pulled myself up off of the couch and tossed the apple core into the trash. I got changed into my work out clothes and sat on the blue safety mat waiting for Steve.

By the time he had finished kicking my lazy ass, I was drained. I grabbed a smoothie from the kitchen, had a shower and collapsed onto my bed.