chapter seven: Sorry

Start from the beginning

"How?" Fury asked. 

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asked.

"You think you can dismantle anything to do with Vibranium?" Fury asked me. 

I gave him a look, "I'm still the best mechanic in the world."

"I hate to admit it," Tony said. "But Auntie here really is."

"I'll take Natasha and Clint," Steve said before turning to me. "You still carry that toolkit?" 

I gave him a look, "have I ever not carried one?"

"I'm taking Helena with me, too," Steve said. 

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can," Tony said. 

"If Ultron is really building a body..." 

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot."

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

"You and me both, Pretty Boy," I told Steve. 

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower," Fury stated. "Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" 

"She's all yours, apparently. What are you gonna do?" Tony asked. 

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope," Fury said. 

"I like him," I said. 

"I fell the same way, Miss Stark," Fury said.

"Call me Helena," I said smiling.

"Or Helen," Steve said. "She's not picky."

"Well, Helen," Fury said. "Call me Nick."

"I like Nicky." 

~*~

"You sure you want to go down there?" Natasha asked.

I gave her a look, "and miss the opportunity to fix another mistake by a testosterone-driven Stark? I wouldn't miss this for the world."

"Did you have to do that often?" Natasha asked me.

I shrugged, "Howard got himself into his fair share of trouble." 

"Steve's gotten something," Clint said. 

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark," Dr. Cho told Steve. 

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked. 

"We did," Clint said. 

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him," Natasha said. 

"Helena, do you think you can dismantle it?" Steve asked.

"I doubt it, we need to get it to Tony. My toolkit isn't exactly equipped to take apart ultimate gem powered cradles," I said sarcastically. 

"There," Clint said pointing out a truck. "It's the truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative!" Steve shouted. "If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron."

Steve jumped from the roof onto the truck, "he's going to get himself killed going in on his own."

"Then let's help him," Natasha 

"No, no, no, no, no. Leave me alone!" Ultron whined. 

"Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way," Steve said. 

"You're not a match for him, Cap," Clint said flying above. 

"Thanks, Barton," Steve said. 

"Wanna ride with me?" Natasha asked as she got on a bike.

"This is just like World War Two," I said as I wrapped an arm around her waist. 

"You know what's in that Cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you," we heard Ultron say. 

"I wouldn't call it a comfort," was Steve's reply. 

"We got a window," Clint told us. "Four, three... give 'em hell."

"Grab that!" Natasha ordered and I picked up Steve's shield. "I'm always picking up after you boys."

"They're heading under the overpass, I've got no shot," Clint told us. 

"Which way?" Natasha asked. 

"Hard right..." Clint told us and loaded a map onto the fancy wrist device I had. 

"Now," I told her. I squeaked as Natasha turned so sharply that the bike almost fell to its side. "Steven!" I shouted up at him as I tossed him the shield, to which he used to knock off Ultron. 

"Hold on!" Natasha warned as we chased the truck by driving on the sidewalk, and then riding down some stairs. "Out of the way! Coming through!" 

"Sorry, coming through!" I called out. 

"Clint, can you draw out the guards?" Natasha asked as we tried to get close. 

"Let's find out."

"Beep beep!" Natasha shouted. 

"Watch it!" An old lady shouted when we nearly ran her over.

"Sorry!" I shouted. 

"Heading back towards you. So, whatever you're going to do, do it now," Clint said. 

 "We're going in, Cap can you keep him occupied?" Natasha asked. 

"What do you think I've been doing?" Was Steve's reply. 

"Thanks," I said as I grabbed the door of the truck and jumped in, Natasha was right behind me as I started looking at the cradle. 

"What do you have?" Natasha asked.

"A more expensive cradle than what I got for my daughter," I responded and then we were airborne. 

"Can you dismantle it?" Natasha asked.

I pressed a control panel and looked at it, "definitely not."

"The package is airborne. I have a clean shot," Clint said. 

"Negative. We are still in the truck," Natasha said. 

"What the hell are you two...?"

"Just be ready, I'm sending the package to you," Natasha said.

"Wait, what?" I questioned nervously. 

"How do you want me to take it?" Clint asked. 

"Uhh, you might wish you hadn't asked that," Natasha said before giving me a serious look. "Hang on."

"Wait, Nat-" I began, but then we were flying. 

"Nat, we gotta go," Clint said as we got into the jet. 

"We're goo-" I began, but Natasha wasn't with me. "Nat? Clint, I don't have Natasha." 

"Cap, you see Nat?" Clint asked over the coms. 

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve ordered.

"Steve, we can't-" I began, but Clint cut me off. 

"Do you have eyes on Nat?"

"Go!" Steve ordered. 

~*~