Jealousy is a Killer

Run, run, run, run, run. He needed to run, to get as far away from his psychotic boyfriend as he could. He had known that jealousy was an ugly trait but to think that the one he loved would go so far as too…

Mikado choked back a sob and hurriedly wiped away at his eyes as he stumbled down the alleyway. He was just so tired, but he couldn’t stop now. Not while Izaya was still chasing him. He knew the man could easily catch up to him and was just playing with him but he couldn’t let go of the small sliver of hope he had.

“Ne, Mikado-kun, why are you running? You know I love you!” Izaya’s buoyant voice echoed off the stone walls of the narrow alleyway, practically singing the words ‘Mikado-kun’ and ‘love’.

Mikado gulped and spared a quick glance behind him, his eyes widening in fear when he realized that the raven-haired informant was already at the end of the alleyway. Tears were freely running down the teen’s face by now, leaving his eyes red-rimmed.

“S-Stop it, Izaya-san! Don’t do this!” Mikado panted, crying, his eyes closed.

“Mikado-kun, watch out!” Izaya warned.

Ignoring Izaya’s warning, Mikado only ran faster, and as a result, ran into a wall. Before he could fall to the ground, however, two strong arms caught him and held him bridal style.

“L-Let go! Get away from me!” Mikado yelled in distress, trying to get out of the informant’s arms, and Izaya let him, knowing he could easily catch him again would he want to.

Mikado scrambled back as far as he could until his back hit the wall and he quickly glanced around only to see he was trapped in a dead end. Izaya shook his head in mock offence.

“Why are you trying to run away Mikado-kun? I love you! You make my heart beat when I see you and I grin like an idiot when I think of you!” Izaya sighed, a dreamy smile adorning his face. “Oh, dear. Look at me now! I sound like a lovesick teenage girl!”

Mikado glared at him and attempted to press himself further into the stone wall he was leaning against.

The blue-eyed teen looked up at his boyfriend in anger, spitting out as tears threatened to fall down his pale cheeks and his lips trembled, “How can you act like that? After you just killed Masaomi-kun and Anri-san in cold blood? They didn’t even do anything wrong, so how could you do that? They were my friends!”

Izaya leaned down and tapped Mikado on the nose.

“Ah, ah, ah! That’s just it, Mikado-kun. They were taking my precious Mikado-kun away from me! I couldn’t just stand by and watch that happen, could I? Mikado-kun might decide that he likes Kida-kun more than me and I just couldn’t let that happen!”

“But I told you I loved you over and over again! Was it not enough? I loved you with all I had and this is what you do to me? Being jealous isn’t a reason to kill and torture someone, Izaya! Especially not to the point that their blood paints the walls!” Mikado screamed, his voice cracking.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t ever wanted to do that, Mikado-kun- to make someone scream and cry? To see them on their knees begging for mercy? It doesn’t excite you? Don’t lie to me,” Izaya asked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

Vigorously shaking his head, Mikado denied every word his lover said.

“Never! I would never want to hurt them! They were my friends. What sane person would ever want to hurt their friends?!”

“But you’re not sane, Mikado-kun. You’re every bit as insane as I am and probably even more,” Izaya chided.

Mikado glared up at Izaya.

“Don’t group me with you! Never would I ever try to kill someone. I am completely sane, unlike a certain someone!”

Izaya softly tutted.

“We’ll just have to see about that, Mikado-kun,” He said, gracefully bending down and picking up the raven-haired teen and hoisting him over his shoulder. “Besides, I’m going to have to punish you for running away from me.”

“PUT ME DOWN!”