Time To Fight Back

2 weeks later
        Meala walked into the studio lobby and she felt real good...She and Oscar had been seeing each other regularly for the past two weeks...She really enjoyed his company...He was funny and real...Oscar was so understanding when it came to her getting so angry...He wanted her to know that he would never do anything to piss her off...They went out in Greenville, Columbia and alot of other places...Meala waved at everyone...Out of nowhere Dee popped up in her face...Meala was not surprised...
    "So are you happy to be back at work???" She asked...Meala smiled..
"Of course I am...I was so bored at home...Feels good to be back to doing what I love..." She replied to Dee.
     " I'm ready for a vacation... Ugh these tryouts for the showcase are starring tomorrow...From sun up till sun up...And you and all the A&Rs have over 50,000 video entries to go through today smh...It's 8:30...So you might be done by 8:30 tomorrow..."Dee told her...Meala had totally forgot about the showcase...She hurried to her office and put her things down...Everyone was headed to the conference room...She followed suit...She was happy and smiling...But it threatened to leave her when she saw Naila...And she had the nerve to stand by her as they all were entering the room...Everyone was buzzing about the showcase... She saw Oscar and waved...He waved back with a big smile...Oscar walked over to her and embraced her in a big hug...She hugged him back...
    " You looking mighty scrumptious this morning..." He told her...She blushed...
    "Thank you...You don't look so bad your self..."
    "Okay everyone have a seat please..." Said Devyn...Everyone took a seat...The last one to walk in was Rachel...Everyone ooohed and aaahed at her new look...Her hair was a little longer and it was a platinum color...She had on make-up but not much...Just enough to enhance her features...She wore a skin tight blue dress that complimented her figure...She was looking absolutely stunning...Devyn's jaw dropped... Chou-lein whistled at her...
    "Okay you guys can stop staring at me like I'm a 5 star meal..." Rachel told them blushing...She took her seat next to Meala...
    "Okay since everyone is here...Let me start by saying I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes sincrde the past incident that happened with my family...I have taken great precautions...I want you all to meet Big Dell...He is my personal bodyguard...Big Dell will be with me every time you see me out and about..." Devyn said as he pointed to a big tall muscular chocolate brother sitting in a corner of the conference room..."Now we all have a lot to do today and we need to be on top of this...The physical tryouts are tomorrow...We have received over 50000 video entries...We have to narrow it down to 10000 acts...So we need to be thorough...We need top notch artist...There are 14 A&Rs here...And 6 A&Rs in training...Each A&R assistant will receive 1000 videos to go through you all will choose 100 acts a piece...The rest of you will receive close to 3200 videos and you all must choose close to 670 acts a piece...Everyone is to assist them...This will be handled as a team...When you pick the acts they will automatically save in the system and notify the acts via text message or automated voice call...They will all have a code included that must be used in order to get a tryout badge and number...For the first tryouts we will have Oscar, Dee, Lafayette and Saranya as judges...They all know talent...So make sure you pick out the top artists of the batch...The 1st tryouts will last all week...So there will be no new artists or old artists recording in the studio at all...Any questions so far?"
    "What happens if some of the ones we pick don't show up to the tryouts? Are we going to give the ones who weren't picked a second chance?" Asked Rachel...She did not look at Devyn...She just stared straight at her laptop...
    "No because we will already have our 5000 for the second tryouts..." He responded...
    "But what if we don't?" She asked...
    "Rachel I know we will...This is a once in a lifetime thing here...I'm pretty sure everyone will show up...Now I have sent all the videos to everyone's computer...All you have to do is watch and choose yes or no...We will meet again next Monday to discuss the 2nd tryouts...So all my A&Rs and assistants you are dismissed now to start your work...The rest of you stay seated please..." He said...They all got up and left out to start their work...
************************************
     A phone rang out in the distance...The birds were chirping...The sun was shining and the warmth felt good...Mr.Felder's sat in a bench in Cleveland Park watching the little children play...But his focus was on Aimee and her 2 children mostly...They were accompanied by their 3 bodyguards...Mr. Felders chuckled to himself...He was so proud of himself...His plan was going perfectly...He had 4 men on the inside...He was taking a seat back to allow them all to gain the trust of the whole family...Then he was going to execute his final plan...This time he was going to stop at nothing to make sure that Devyn paid for his backstabbing ways...The fact that Aamie was not with Devyn any longer and she was staying at her mothers house was exactly what he did not need...He wanted them all in the same place...Mr. Felder's had changed from the nice quiet young man from down the block who was loyal to all his homies no matter what situation they were in...Now he was hell bent on revenge and now he strongly believed that someone had to die in order for Devyn to feel his wrath...He got up with a smile on his face and walked out of the park...
************************************
     "Saranya?"
     "Dee why are you constantly questioning me???" Saranya asked her...For the past 2 weeks or so Dee had been asking was she pregnant and all kinds of mess...Saranya had begun to wear clothes that were loose to hide her baby bump...But Dee acted as if she was starting to notice and that was the last thing she needed was for nosy ass Dee to start going around and telling everybody in the studio...
    "Because you ain't wearing tight clothes anymore...Your nose is getting wider...Your skin tone is paler...You been running to the bathroom and throwing up...You haven't been on no smoke break in about 3 weeks since you left the ER that day...And you always touching your stomach...Now tell me the truth you are pregnant ain't you?" She said loudly...Everyone looked around at her...Saranya grabbed Dee by the arm and led her into the hallway...
    "Look I don't need you and everybody in my business!! Stop asking me!!" She told Dee...
    "You are pregnant!!!" Dee said...She gave a disapproving look...
    "Ugh I can't with you!!! You act like you don't get the picture smh!!!" Saranya said about to walk away...Dee grabbed her arm...
    "He doesn't know does he..You better tell him before I do...He needs to know!" Dee said to her...Saranya's mouth dropped open...She always  knew Dee to be messy but this took the cake...
    "Don't go spreading nothing you don't know a damn thing about!!!" Saranya said to Dee with fire in her eyes...Dee smiled...
    "Oh I know you are pregnant... And I'm not spreading nothing... I just know that if you don't tell him I am..." She said...Saranya turned and walked away...She was fuming...She wanted to hit Dee in her face so bad...But she was not going to fight and get upset because of the baby growing inside of her...Saranya was so stuck on what just happened she didn't notice that she was crossing paths with someone and bumped right into them...She immediately grabbed her stomach...
     "Whoa Ranya...Slow down...You almost knocked me and yourself out..." Said Devyn...
      "I'm sorry..." She said trying to move around him...He stopped her...
      "We haven't talked yet Ranya...I miss you...What's going on with you?" He asked her...Before she could speak Dee was right there...
      "Mr. Myllz I believe Saranya has something to tell you..." She said to him...Saranya was beyond pissed at Dee and the dumb shit she was on...
      "Oh yeah what's going on??? What do you have to tell me???" He asked her...
       "Nothing...Dee will you chill out!!! I told you that you don't know what you're talking about!!!" Saranya said through gritted teeth...Dee ignored her...
       "Congratulations Devyn...You're going to be a dad!" Devyn looked shocked...Saranya looked completely horrified...Dee looked very satisfied...Saranya ran away from them in tears...How could Dee do that to her??? She thought they were friends...Devyn caught up with her...
      "Ranya wait!" He reached out and grabbed her shirt...She stopped and turned to him... He saw the hurt in her eyes...Devyn walked her to his office...She stepped in and he closed the door..."Are you pregnant baby girl?"
      "Yes...I was gonna tell you...The only one who knew for sure was Rachel and she was gonna be with me when I tod you...But then Dee started assuming and now she..." She couldn't finish...She began to sob...Devyn wrapped his arms around her and held her close...He knew the baby was his...He was happy believe it or not...After all the crazy stuff that had been happening lately...He needed some good news...
     "Its okay...Stop crying... I got you baby girl..." He told her...Rubbing her back...She melted into his embrace...She looked up at him...Devyn saw something in her eyes that made him want to do better and be with her....He now realized him and Aamie were not meant for each other...Devyn had been so blind...The woman in his arms now was the woman he was meant to be with forever...He kissed her so softly and so sweetly...Her eyes fluttered closed...If this was a dream she vowed to never wake up...
************************************
      Rachel had already scanned through over half of the videos and chose about 50 ppl already...She needed a break...Her bones ached and she was hungry...She stretched and popped a few bones before getting up and opening the door...Everyone was in one spot and they were staring at Devyn's office talking...
    "Hey...What's going on?" She asked...Dreema one of the engineers spoke up...
     "Did you not hear??? Saranya the receptionist...She is pregnant by the boss man...That is so trifling...I guess he is in there cussing her out for telling someone..." She said...Rachel didn't even think twice about what she was about to do...She just walked right into Devyn's office...
     "You better not be cussing her out!!! You just as much at fault as she is!!!" She yelled....She looked up into the faces of two confused ppl...They were hugging...Rachel immediately felt so embarrassed...
     "Ummm lil sis...Tf you got going on?" He asked...Rachel walked over to them...
      "I just came out of my office and everyone is outside of your office talking about Saranya, you and the baby...They said you we're cussing her out...Saranya why does everybody know?" Rachel asked...Saranya gasped and Devyn looked pissed...
     "That bitch Dee...She been assuming shit all week and she told Devyn...I never told her a thing. and now she got the whole building talking about it!!! There goes the half decent name I have...Smh" she said looking down...
     "Man fuck what they got to say...But that Dee girl always running her mouth...I don't like that at all..." He said...
      "I told you she was messy before you hired her...Smh...Saranya stop dealing with her...Don't speak to her...I don't ever tell her nothing...Or give her enough space to assume nothing." Rachel said....
      "Oh she done...She lucky I don't hit her in her shit when I go back out there!!!" She said...
      "Tf??? You better not and you got my seed growing in you...I'll deal with her...You be cool...I told you I got you..." He said rubbing her cheek...
      "Ill punch that bitch! Say word and I'm on it..." Rachel told them...Saranya laughed...She loved Rachel because she was so damn loyal to her friends...Devyn looked up...
     "No the hell you will not!!" He said...Rachel rolled her eyes...
     "Look something has to be done about her...She either need to get some dick or something... Cause she always in ppls business SMH..." Said Saranya...Devyn began to think...He did notice Big Dell was checking her out earlier...So he formed a plan in his head...Before he could get the plans formed into his head cold enough...Shots rang out..Devyn grabbed Saranya and pushed her to the ground...He jumped on top of Rachel and pulled a gun from under one of his couches...
      "Stay down and stay in here!!!"screamed Devyn...He opened his door and slid out...Everyone in the hallway was on the floor...Colleen was behind her desk with her .22 revolver out...She pointed towards the lobby...Big Dell saw him and was at his side...
     " Boss it came from the lobby...Your receptionists and a few artists are still in there..." He said as they slowly headed in that direction...Big Dell popped his head around the corner and popped it back in...Devyn slowly slipped behind the receptionist desk...Dee and his other receptionists were crouched behind the desk and crying...
      "If Devyn Myllz don't get his punk ass out here!!! I'm gonna kill this woman!!! What's your name??" Said someone from behind the counter...
      "Naa-Naa-Nancy!" She stuttered and screamed... Devyn immediately stood up...Nancy was his treasurer...She was 72 yrs old...There was no way that he was going to allow her to be hurt...Nancy had been with the company ever since it started...She was like his second mother...
     "Okay I'm here...Now please let her go..." He said to the gun man...Devyn studied him...He had never seen this man before...He was young and he seemed a bit nervous...His hand was shaking...As soon as he let Nancy go...Devyn fired one shot and hit the gunman in the wrist compelling him to drop his gun...Big Dell came from around the corner and wrestled him to the ground as he reached for another gun from the waist of his pants...He was still struggling so Big Dell punched him in the face...
     "Who are you???!! And why are you here??!!" Devyn asked him...The guy on the floor laughed and spit out blood...
     "Im what you call the messenger...And I have a message for you...You came into my home and left more pain than you ever imagined...You acted as if you were to be trusted and you stabbed me in the back...Your family will pay...Your business will crumble..." He said to him...Before he could ask who he worked for the police came spilling into the building...Devyn talked to them and walked away from the crowd...He had had enough...He grabbed his phone and dialed...It was time to fight back and he knew exactly who could help...