The Concert

If someone told Toni that she would meet her soulmate once in her life and never again, she would have said that's fucking depressing. What's more, she would've laughed if they told her it was at a Hayley Kiyoko meet and greet, because what's gayer than that?

Riverdale had one concert venue, which everyone knew existed yet nobody talked about because one, it was in the Southside. Two, nobody famous ever came there. Nine out of ten times it was some drunk ghoulie up there performing a concert for his fellow gang members. And Toni says "his" because the drunk ghoulie was always their creepy, fearless leader whose name she refused to know.

Since she knew of only two lesbians in Riverdale, herself and her ex, and her immediate friends were all guys, she was forced to go to the concert by herself. Sure, she could have asked Sweet Pea to come and he would have, but come on. She just couldn't picture Sweet Pea in that kind of scenario. He was more of a Camila Cabello sort of guy (he would say it's because she's hot as hell, but she had heard him singing Havana in the shower multiple times, and he never messed up the lyrics).

When she got to the concert, she had suddenly gotten nervous as hell. She was about to meet a lesbian icon. She gathered all of her courage, which seemed to be present for serpent business but had now all but vanished, and got out of her car.

"Hey!"

Toni glanced around, her nerves left her and her hand went to the perpetual switchblade in her jacket pocket. A girl with strikingly red hair was standing in front of a (surprise) bright red car. Now, the guys would be ashamed but she had no idea what kind of car that was and didn't care.

"What do you want?" She asked. Her hand dropped from her pocket but she stayed alert.

"Hey, no need to be rude, Cha Cha. I was just going to ask if you're going to the meet and greet too. I mean, you were shaking in your car for like five minutes."

Toni eyed her suspiciously but also felt a flare of embarrassment. "Why were you watching me for five minutes?"

The redhead sighed, exasperated. "Oh my god. You can't answer a question can you?"

Toni had already decided this girl was not much of a threat, but she still had to be sure. "Just tell me why you're stalking me."

"You're the only one here as early as I am and my friend bailed on me. Got what you want now?" The girl looked uncomfortable sharing that much with her when she was acting so hostile.

Toni felt a need to give this girl a hug, which was really not her thing. "Well, hurry up, we gotta get good spots in line and I already see five more cars pulling in."

The girl smiled softly and walked over. Toni waited for her to reach her and then they walked in together. When their hands brushed slightly once, Toni might have shivered but nobody could prove it.

They still had plenty of time before Hayley came out to meet them. It was 4:50, and the meet and greet started at 7. Toni learned the redhead's name was Cheryl Blossom. She didn't interrogate her like she was sure others would about her family history and Cheryl looked grateful for that.

They talked the whole time up until Hayley stepped out and Toni figured she knew more about this girl than her closest friends (or was it enemies?) did. Somewhere along the ride of getting to know her, she had caught feelings for Cheryl Blossom. Fangs would be on the floor if she told him that.

She knew of Cheryl before she met her, of course, but had never seen her before that night. Jughead occasionally spoke of the antagonistic captain of the vixens who ruled the school. He told her she had once had one person she was nice to, and that was her now dead brother Jason.