I had no idea what he was talking about as he walked back towards the food room "What do you mean?"

"You said you would rather not dance, that implies that you don't want to dance with him,"

What? Since when, "No I meant that I don't really dance,"

"You are so like your father, you are literally your dad's daughter, you say no politely not just take his heart and squash it,"

"Austin, I'm sure he understood what I meant," he suddenly stopped and I halted tripping over.

"Are you sure?"

Well I was sure he did, "Should I go back and explain myself?" maybe I should apologise. It had been too long since I had attended any events.

"Apologise for what?" asked Stephen walking towards us, his plate filled with various cakes. I leaned forward snatching one suddenly feeling hungry, he shot me a glare but didn't stop me as I placed the strawberry shortcake in my mouth.

"She just turned down a guy, really harshly," 

I didn't mean to, I was just tired.

"Good, she's too young to date,"

"I'm twenty,"

"Far too young," I rolled my eyes as they both dragged me to where uncle Adrian was sitting and aunt Rose was next to him frowning, probably because he dragged her away. 

"Oh honey, you look gorgeous," she stood up hugging me, "Aunt Rose," 

Her and mum were best friends, it was funny how it worked out, mum marrying dad and then these two tying the knot a year later. Austin was their only child, he might have gotten Adrian's light green eyes but he definitely got Rose's face and her hair, a wild mess. 

 "Are we ready to leave?" I asked my feet aching, it had been too long since I had partied, especially in heels.

"Weak sister?"

"No," I lied, there was nothing worse than Stephen rubbing in how much better he was, at everything. I had a competitive streak in me. 

He raised an eyebrow and I looked away, I would never lose to Stephen. I took out my phone scrolling through my messages as we waited for mum and dad to come and went home.

*

"I'm hungry," Stephen grumbled as he got out of the vehicle just as I was, both of us bumping into each other as we got out.

"I was here first," I snapped trying to get out.

"Yea well move, I'm hungry," 

I sighed and gave up leaning back so he could get out, there was no point arguing with kids.

"You can go first cousin," Austin winked at me and I shook my head, these boys would be the death of me. I straightened out my dress grabbing my jacket, "You do realise we are not really cousins," I said as he threw his arm around me making me stagger at the weight he applied.

Dad and Adrian were cousins, which made us maybe, second cousins, hell Adrian wasn't even meant to be our Uncle but because at how close our parents were we just called them uncle, and now somehow second cousins meant the same thing as cousins, or so Austin thought.

"Don't lie," he said walking into our house and I rolled my eyes.

"Adrian cook me something!" Stephen yelled sticking out his head from the kitchen. 

Adrian grumbled kicking his shoes off as he jumped onto the couch, "Ask your dad, he took cooking lessons remember,"

Rumour had it that dad was a worse cook than mum, but after lessons from Adrian or it was probably Aunt Rose, she had the patience, he was just as good as Adrian. 

"Dad's gone upstairs to change," he grunted.

Which reminded me I had to get out of this horrible dress. I didn't know how Aunt Rose and mum were sitting on the ground in their gowns in front of the fireplace, wasn't it uncomfortable?

"Yea, make us something Adrenaline," mum called and he sighed. I never understood the weird nicknames they had for each other. I shook my head as bickering started and went upstairs to change.

Changing into black pajama pants and a red top I felt much more comfortable. There was no tight dress that did nothing against the cold. I combed my hair out placing it in a neat braid and then threw on a grey sweater to keep warm and walked back downstairs. 

Judging by the smell of something amazing and noise from the kitchen, they had managed to get Adrian in there. 

 Sorry , this isn't what I wanted to put up yet, but this was what I had already written and don't have time to make my usual cliff hanger at the end :P with MBL (the first in this serious) getting published and available to be purchased by the end of September 2014, it's a bit busy as I need to write 20 new chapters for it. So EBL might have a bit of a slow update. I tried getting something up since you guys have been waiting

xx

NKPockett