𝐱. 𝘤𝘰𝘸𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺!

Start from the beginning

"Ride, Lucas. Ride, boy!"

"We have entered you in—" Maya started.

"The annual Mutton Bustin' Tournament—"

"In Austin, Texas—"

"In front of everyone you know—"

"Yay!"

"Ooh, Texas! That sounds fun," Mandy smiled as she tugged on Lucas's arm.

"Hello," Andrew waved his arms, "what does this have to do with me?"

Riley sighed, "do you remember when we were seven and we went to that place where they had a kids version of a mechanical bull?"

"Oh, no."

"Wait, you can't enter us in Mutton Busters," Lucas furrowed his brows, "you can't be over eight years old or over fifty-five pounds."

"You are wrong, young Lucas," Maya said simply, "we entered you last week and your application has been accepted. You too, Andrew."

Riley grabbed the sheet from Maya's hand, "congratulations, Lucas Friar and Andrew McHolland. You are an official entry in this year's Austin Round Up Rodeo. Lucas will be riding Tombstone the Sheep, and Andrew will be riding Graveyard the Sheep."

"Tombstone," Zay repeated in disbelief, "Graveyard? Well, that's the end of both of you."

"Why," Mandy asked, nervously.

"Yeah, what's the difference of riding Judy the Sheep and Tombstone and Graveyard the sheep," Riley asked.

"Read it again," Lucas instructed, looking sick to his stomach.

Maya took the paper, "blah blah blah. Over the age and weight limit of Mutton Busters. Blah. We have placed you into the adult rodeo where you will, blah, ride Tombstone and Graveyard the Sheep."

"Oh! You only got one word wrong," Lucas raised his voice.

"Let's see if they find that one word," Zay stressed.

"Blah blah blah blahdey blah blah blah blahdey blah blah—oh! Bull!"

"Ah! She found it!"

"You signed me and Andrew up to ride Tombstone and Graveyard the Bull," Lucas shouted.

Riley smiled, "are you excited?"

Maya shook her head, "what's the difference between riding a sheep and riding a bull?"

"Death. Death is the difference," Andrew answered.

Just then, Matthews walked into his class, "all right. May we begin class," everyone took their seats. Matthews continued, "the railroad."

"I don't get it."

"What do you mean you don't get it, Farkle?"

"How's the railroad tie into what's going on in our lives, Hambone?"

Maya scoffed, "you just gonna let him call you 'Hambone', Matthews?"

"The railroad allowed us to travel great distances," Matthews disregarded his students, but smiled nonetheless, "the railroad allowed us to see how other people lived. When you see how other people live, it changes you," he turned to Maya, "and I like 'Hambone'. It's cool."

Lucas turned to Riley, "Riley, rip it up before he finds out!"

"Who?"

"He's gonna find out, and when he does, nothing will stop him."