chapter one

Raven pulled up outside a building in DC looking for Steve. She had previously sent him a text asking to meet her at the curb. The blonde wasn't uneasy to spot, he was fairly large in size.

He was standing outside of the building talking to a not-so-bad-looking dark skinned man.

"Anybody know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil," Raven joked as she rolled down her window. Steve and the other man turned over to her; one with narrowed eyes and the other with a grin.

"Ha ha, very funny," Steve retorted. He walked over to the car as Raven eyed his biceps curiously.

"What did they put in that serum?" The brunette wondered aloud. Steve sighed and looked to the darker man with a 'see what I deal with' face. The other guy chuckled a bit, dragging Raven out of her daze. Steve got in the car and looked up to the man.

"You can't run everywhere." It must've been an inside joke. The other man kept his eyes on Raven with an admiring gaze as he spoke, "No, no you can't. I'm Sam, Sam Wilson," He introduced himself as he stuck out a hand. Raven leaned over Steve, ignoring the glare he gave her, and took Sam's hand. "I'm Raven," She told him with a slight smirk. They shook hands and pulled away.

"So, will I be seeing you around?" Sam asked. Raven shrugged with a small smile.

"Maybe." Sam grinned and tilted his head at her before Steve cleared his throat. The other two broke eye contact and looked to Steve with annoyed looks.

"Are you two done now?" He asked.

"Calm down, Stevie. It's just eye sex you'll be fine," Raven told him. The two men's mouths hung wide as the girl casually shrugged.

"I would love to be you. Just for a day, ya know?" Sam asked. Steve and Raven laughed.

"Sorry, Sammy, but we gotta go. Things to do, lives to save," Raven told him with a exaggerated sigh. He nodded and patted the top of the car.

"See you around?" He asked.

"Maybe." And Raven drove off down the road. The ride to SHIELD was silent other than the occasional scolding from Steve about how fast Raven was going.

"Calm down, Grandma," She would tell him. That resulted in an eye roll and a comment about how he was male so technically he was a grandpa.

Steve and Raven] met up with Natasha and went to speak to Brock Rumlow and the rest of the STRIKE Team.

Like always, Rumlow shot Raven suggestive looks and attempted to flirt, but she just ignored him and occasionally told him to 'kindly fuck off,' her exact words.

Raven was always blunt and did usually keep the truth from people. She would rant and ramble and be completely and utterly honest when it came to her opinions.

As the team flew over the Indian Ocean, Rumlow informed them on what was going on, "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, ninety-three minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Raven asked, a serious face on. Something rarely seen unless she was on a mission, even then she wasn't always serious.