Chapter 3: The Keyblade

Start from the beginning

               "Wait, Cid, you know this kid?" Leon asked while pointing to Takeo.

               "Hey! I'm sitting right here!" Takeo said, waving his arms around.

               "Yes, this here is little Takeo. Tak, this here is Leon, my friend I told you I was going to have you meet." explained Cid.

               "Well you could've given me a heads up that he was coming early to get me!" Takeo shouted, picking himself up off of the ground.

               "To be fair, I didn't even know that he was coming. What were you doing, anyways?" Cid asked, turning to Leon.

               "Well I WAS coming down to the shop to pick up some potions, but then I saw him holding his hand out as if he were trying to summon something. I just wanted to ask him what he was doing." Leon explained. Cid looked down out the floor, and shook his head.

               "Come on Tak, Leon and I jave some stuff that we want to explain to you." Cid and Leon led Takeo to Leon's apartment in the second district of Traverse Town. Once inside, Leon had Takeo sit down in a chair that was in the corner of the room next to a table.

               "What's all of this about? You guys know what is going on, don't you?" Takeo asked. Leon and Cid both looked at each other with a worried look on their faces. Leon turned to Takeo and began to speak.

               "Well, you see Takeo, those creatures you saw, those weren't the only ones. They weren't the first ones either. I've managed to keep them at bay, but i can't do anything permanent with just my sword." said Leon, eyeing his sword up and down.

               Takeo had a confused and worried look on his face. Well, what WERE those things anyways? I've never seen anything like them before." Takeo said, looking out the window, into the night sky. Were there less stars than last night?

               "Those were Heartless. Specifically, Purebloods. They are born from the darkness that is inside people's hearts when that person's heart is either consumed by darkness, or stolen by the Heartless." Leon said, pacing the room.

               Takeo shook his head, "Heartless? Darkness? Purebloods? So these things want to steal everyone's hearts that they can get? Why?"

               Cid looked over to Leon, and began to speak, "We're... not so sure on that either..."

               "Well, in my dream, I saw different types of heartless. I saw some wearing armor, and some that were huge and round! Are they Purebloods as well?" Takeo asked.

               "No. Those ones are emblem Heartless. We're not really sure where those ones came from. All we know is that they have the same goal as the Purebloods. To gather hearts." Leon said, putting his hand over his heart.

               "Oh... and you said there is no way to permanently stop them? You said your sword can't do it." Takeo said with a worried look on his face.

               "Correct. My sword only delays the Heartless. But there is a weapon that extracts hearts from them, and that's the Keyblade." Leon said.

               "A Keyblade? What's that?" Takeo asked.

               "It's what appeared to you in your dream. That thing that appeared in your hand? That's a Keyblade. It extracts hearts and sends them to Kingdom Hearts." explained Leon.

               "Oh..." said Takeo. He held his hand out, and he felt the energy start to form in his hand once again. This time, something materialized in his hands, and it was heavy. Takeo looked up, and it was a black Keyblade. It's handle was pointed on numerous different ends, and it had a long blade part to it, leading up to the head of the Key. At the top, two pointed spikes shot out, forming the key resemblance. "Whoa..."

               "Well... that's a more violent looking Keyblade than we're used to seeing..." Cid said, his mouth hanging open.

               "Come on, we'll show you how to use it. Let's head down to the third district for some practice." Said Leon, leading Takeo out of the room.

" Said Leon, leading Takeo out of the room