Chapter 2 (Part of what I've got done) Enter the Guest

Chapter 2- Enter the Guest

The sun finally begins to shine through the trees, warming my bare skin. I cradle myself trying to cover-up with the remaining scraps of my dress. My left eye is swollen shut and I can feel the bruises running down all along my right side. Red finger indents pulse on my neck and blood mars most of my skin. I whimper like a wounded animal, and try to get up. But my muscles twitch, giving out a howl of agony, I collapse. Tears roll down my face, into the cold dirt as a endless wail escapes my mouth.

“I’m going to die.” I murmur, “Father won’t see me again.” 

   The ground trembles slightly, and a horse snorts nearby. I wince thinking Adam is coming back for a second round. Gripping my ears as I hear a voice call out in the distance me, but I realize that the voice is different than Adam’s. “Scillea?” the voice calls, deep, rhythmic, burly, and alluring. I look up to see a man on a snow white horse coming my way.  The first thing that catches me about him is his size. Being near the same size of my father, a six foot seven or even nine, this man seems to surpass my father not on in height but in sheer muscle. Its strange how it fits him well, giving him the appeal of a great, kind man, but also a formidable warrior. His peach colored skin is covered in sweat from a long ride.

 Vivid sea green eyes burn into mine, displaying an array of churning sea’s and the hidden thoughts of a stranger. Shoulder length golden hair, seeming to defy the laws of gravity by staying so perfectly straight and close to his head, acts like a holy hood. His face, strong, a little bit broad but very handsome to any girl with eyes. The start of scruff suits him well, what with a strong jaw and expressive mouth and all. His lips purse together in a firm line as he tries to concentrate on both his surroundings and me. His broad shoulders hold golden pauldrons of lions heads draped with a silky blue cloak. 

His armor is all golden; holding tight against his body and in between the gaps is more blue silk. The pattern of the lion being repeated along the chest plate, belt and greaves, he dismounts quickly, landing with a thud he takes a breath and turns back to me. Sorrow fills his eyes as he beholds me at a closer look. Bear sized hands come down and gingerly slide under my head. His eyes move down along my body, stopping several times on the larger bruises. At this distance, I can safely assume he is near my age. The way he holds himself is that of a dominant man, one who is confident and in power.

“Can you tell me your name?” he asks, trying to make conversation.

 “Sir, did you find the girl.” Says another voice as another man joins us on an armored horse. He is a high elf, with a slim, sly body build with an angular facial structure. His inhuman golden locks fell down past his shoulders with ears that rise high above his head. With long eyebrows and brilliant blue eyes he sighs at my savior, “It would seem we are too late.”

 “Is she responding?” the elf continues.

 “I don’t know yet, she’s breathing but hasn’t shown any sign of mental reaction yet.” His hand slides from my chin to my waist. My body reacts fast, my right arm going at full speed, slapping the man who is saving me. Startled he falls backwards sprawling out quickly, covering his right cheek. 

The elf behind him bursts out laughing and says “Well she’s a feisty one!” My insides feel like rotting apples as I shake uncontrollably. The man gets up rubbing his face and bends down grabbing me by the shoulders. I squirm and try to get free from him. 

“Calm down now. Shhhh, shhhh.” He says as he brings me over to his own horse. “Now listen to me. Listen to me! I’m taking you home to your father, he’s worried about you. But I CAN’T take you back if you resist me!”