"Might wanna step back, Lil Baby got her attention." Eman said.

"Man fuck Lil Baby and you too. Ion give a damn bout a nigga." She hits Quando on the forehead. "What you finna get into though?"

"Finna go check in and then come back here. You got a move?"

"Always. Come back and scoop me."

"Bet."
*

When we got back, Quando went back to the group and put money on the next game. I guess me and Amber were looking awkward, so Shay offered to let us hang in her apartment to get out of the hot sun.

"So...anything interesting happened that you wanna tell me bout?" Amber smirked.

"Uh...yeah..."

"You said if like it's bad..." I ended up spilling everything. Amber looked like she could explode into a rainbow.

"My bitch! I cant believe it! I thought you was gone be innocent for life." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey!"

"I'm serious! I'm glad you stopped trying to get your parents' approval all the damn time. You probably wouldn't be as happy as you are now." She pinched my cheek and I blushed.

"Man, shut up."

"Aight, you got it. But look, I think we finna go to a party."

"If you mean we as in you and them, then have fun."

"No, I'm talking about you too."

"You funny sis."

"You even funnier. You gone dance in front of these folks?"

"Hell no." All I knew how to do was twerk, and I only did that whenever I wanted to be funny with Amber.

"We'll see." She started tapping on her phone. Then she went over to the stereo system she had.

"You always touching other folks stuff." She shrugged and smiled when a song started playing. I smiled back and shook my head.

"Ain't this yo song? This the only non gospel song you know before gettin' with Quando."

"You know this my song."

"Fuck it up then." I laughed and got up, dancing around. I started twerking and she hyped me up. I jumped and straightened up when I felt somebody press against me.

"Chill, it's me." Quando held his hands up, smiling. I just sighed. "Y'all ready to go?"

"Yeah." I say, taking the styrofoam cup out of his hand and sipping from it, thinking it was peach Fanta. I almost spit that nasty junk back in the cup.

"Mhm. Always drinkin' my shit. That's what you get."

"Ugh. What is that?"

"Actavis and strawberry Fanta."

"Lean lean. double cup!" Shay began to sing.

"Ohhh, that's that stuff they be rapping bout? Blegh."

"Ain't about the taste, ma. Youn need none. Let's go."
*

Of course, Amber was right. We ended up going to a party in somebody's house. I bite my lip and nervousness. When we get out, I walk with Amber. I didn't wanna cling to her the whole time, but I didn't wanna be alone. I knew I was gonna be ready to go home in a few minutes.

When we walked in, I grimaced at all the body heat. It stunk like woah in there, everybody was sweaty.

"Oh my goodness." I looked at Quando who thought it was so amazing.