Shattered

Adriens Point of View

I clutched my leg close to my chest as people swarmed around me. I could feel that my bone was broken, so I didn't have to open my eyes to see how it was deformed.

"Adrien!" I twisted my head away from my blonde friend as she pulled my head into a tight hug. "You are going to be alright, I will call daddy right now and make sure you get the best care!"

I was in too much pain to respond, my leg throbbing and sending terrible waves of pain through my body every time I moved. I knew I couldn't be rude though, so I managed a strained 'thanks' through my teeth. If I said anything else I'd scream in pain.

Chloe nodded and got out her phone, letting go of my head in the process. I pulled my head up so I was sitting over my leg and made myself look down.

I wanted to scream, curse my dad for putting me in soccer. If I hadn't been tackled, I would be fine, I mean, this is soccer, not (American) football!

It was bending in a terrible direction with something pressing under my skin to the surface. A bone. I needed to get to a hospital now.

Suddenly, red flashing lights approached me and a few people got out of the nearby ambulance. They brought a stretcher onto the soccer field and set it down next to me, then carefully slid me on.

I was in too much pain to protest, the added movement of the stretcher made my leg feel as if it was being chewed on by a fire-breathing dragon with lethal poison coating it's fangs. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to dull the pain.

-Time skip-

The doctor came into the room with a clipboard in his hands. He went straight to Natalie and started talking.

"He got a pretty bad fracture. The bone was shattered." Natalie nodded while I shuddered. "We did surgery and now it's pretty much fixed, but it'll take a few weeks to heal before it's back to fully functional. So that means we have to put him in a cast and he should spend a lot of time relaxing. We also ran short of some pain medication, so it'll hurt quite a lot for a while. Now," he turned to me, "thank you for being a good patient, it was one of the smoothest and fastest surgeries that I've done." I nodded.

The doctor led Natalie out of the room, leaving me in my silence. Suddenly, my leg started to feel funny. Tingly and bubble on top of the pain, it didn't make it hurt more, it was just weird. I opened my mouth to call the doctor, but instead gasped in delight as a wave of comfort and warmth flooded my leg, dulling the pain. I glanced down and saw that there was a slight pink glow to my leg. I decided against calling the doctor in, I'm pretty sure legs aren't supposed to glow and strangely felt that this had something to do with a certain miraculous, Ladybug did have the power of creation and when she used her powers, I saw a shade of pink that was close to the color of my glowing leg.

"Do they have any cheese here?" I mentally sighed as Plagg woke up from inside my jacket, then choose to ask him about the luminescence.

"Do you have any idea why my legs glowing?" I asked him.

Plagg quickly flew out and looked me dead in the eye before trailing his gaze down to my elevated leg. His expression quickly turned to one of surprise and guilt. "I think I might have a guess, but I'm not really supposed to say."

"Does it have to do with Ladybug?"

"If I answer that, will you give me my cheese and not ask me anything else?"

"Fine." I growled.

"Yes." He nodded. "This has to do with Ladybug."

So I finally decided to update this. Sorry, but I've been a bit busy with school close to ending and dealing with my terrible laziness. I'll try to update soon, but, unfortunately, I can't make any promises.

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E