Part XIII - Splinters

-=Steve=-
I give my hand to him and he cradles it gently, starting to pick out the spikes. I bite down carefully on my bottom lip, the pinching making me uncomfortable.

Chayse looks up at me and smiles, looking back down and stroking my thumb softly, comforting me.

"Look what you've done to yourself, you goof. You've gone and taken half the tree home with you." He jokes, gaining a joyful grin from me in return.

"Well, it happens. Not a regular thing though." I shake my head, ashamed that I took the joke further.

He finishes with that hand and moves on to the next, surprised that there are not many splinters there.

He picks the few pricks out, then gestures for me to turn around. I do, shuffling in my seat so I face away from him.

"Um... you wouldn't mind taking your shirt off? I need to check your shoulder." He asks timidly. I hesitate but do as I'm told, sipping my shirt off.

I turn to the side a bit so he could reach my shoulder better. His gentle hands glide over the bruising.

He leans back over to the medkit and rummages through it once again. My body takes a hold of itself and moves forward to Chayse.

He turns back around after he had some cream for my scratches.

My aquamarine eyes meet his emerald ones. The space between us closes, and I smash my lips into his.

He takes a moment to realise what is going on, then kisses me back, pushing me so my back hits the couch.

Without breaking the kiss he stands and straddles my lap, wrapping his arms around my broad shoulders.

I grab his hips ruffly, dragging him closer. He moans into my mouth and I use that to slide my tongue into his mouth.

The passionate kiss turns into a makeout session, our tounges fighting for dominance and we bite each other's lips.

Chayse pulls back for air first, resting his forehead on mine. He breathing is rugged for a period of time. I wait patiently till he sits back, examining my face.

"Wow. That was amazing." He giggles, running his fingers through my hair. I grin as he runs a finger down my jawline.

I turn my head into his hand and nuzzle it softly. The pain in my shoulder realises itself again and pinches my skin.

Chayse notices and leans back, grabbing the ointment for the scratches. As he leans back up I peck him on the lips and smirk.

He blushes and undoes the cap, gently rubbing some of the ointment on the sore. He gets back up and walks to the fridge, grabbing an ice pack for the bruise.

He wraps it in a tea towel and comes back. I reach out for him and he smiles, sitting on my lap once again.

He holds the pack in place and studies my face for a reaction. I wince slightly but ease into the chilled feeling.

"So... you feeling okay?" He asks, fixing a hair out of place on my head. I nod, putting my hand on his.

"You wanna know something?" I ask. He cocks his head curiously, egging me on.

"That was the third kiss I've had. In my whole life." I say, gaining a smile in return.

"Really? The way you kissed me, it seemed like you've had lots of practice." He smirks, rubbing my shoulder.

He lifts the ice pack off my shoulder and looks at the bruise. He stands back up and I pout, missing his warmth on my legs.

Just to tease me, while he walks away he swings his hips before they disappear behind the breakfast bar.

I growl in annoyance and cross my arms over my chest. I stand up and walk over to Chayse, and he turns to me, hand on his hip.

I pull him towards me, my hand on the small of his back and smirk.

"Don't tease." I warn him playfully. He giggles and slips out of my grasp, jogging back into the lounge room.

I follow him curiously, seeing him sit back on the couch and taking up the whole seat. I realise that he stole the warmth I left behind when I stood up.

My shirt sits on the lounge chair next to the couch, so just to annoy Chayse, I slide it slowly back on my torso.

He grunts in disapproval and I laugh, the face he is making is hilarious.

"Stop laughing!" He demands, balling up his fists. I wipe my eyes and put my hands up in surrender, trying to hold in the laughter.

"Sorry, you're just so cute when you're annoyed." I admit, walking over and sitting in front of him.

I kiss him on the nose and he sighs contently.

"TV?" He asks, leaning over to grab the remote. I nod and position myself so I'm facing the television.

He switches it on and it displays a woman in a tight outfit. On the screen is a picture of Chayse and I.

"Today, we had the first sighting of Steve Rogers in months. He was spotted at the outskirts of Central Park, holding hands with an unknown man." As soon as the reporter mentions me, Chayse sits up. I look at him confused and he looks back at me.

"The 'couple' were seen heading towards the northern region of the city. Does Rogers have a boyfriend? Where were they headed? We will have the answ-" Chayse turns off the TV and stares at me.

"Why are you on the TV?" Chayse asks, sitting cross-legged on the lounge. I sigh and rub my face.

"I..." I stutter, not knowing how to answer him. Should I tell him who I am?

***

300 views!! So proud of you guys and keep it up!

981