Rowaelin Reunited (Aelin's POV)

This was real. Not another dream that Maeve had made her suffer but reality. Rowan was standing before her, his pine and snow scent engulfing her. She flung herself into the male, reunited after what seemed like an eternity. "Fireheart," he muttered softly. "Buzzard," she replied in a feeble voice.

She didn't give a damn the cadre were behind, she just cared that this was their moment and she wouldn't waste it. Her lips descended onto his as she cupped his cheeks with her soft hands. The kiss was full of passion making up for the time they were apart.

She pulled apart, her fingers lacing into his as they made the way out of Maeve's hideout with Fenrys and Gavriel trailing behind. Taking in the air she had not inhaled in so long, as they made their way to a tavern to stay for the night.

She was exhausted so she got into the rusty bed, lying on Rowan's chest as he played with her golden hair. Rowan told her about the distant lands he travelled in search for her. He never gave up she thought. "I missed you," Rowan wondered out aloud. "I missed you too," she replied in follow of a yawn.

In a matter of minutes fatigue took over her,sinking her into a universe of oblivion. Rowan stayed alert with a predators sense afraid that someone might come to take his fireheart again. He would never let her go again.

*****************
This was my first story I've posted, and I hope you enjoyed it!!!