TEN ૐ THE DAY THEY MEET AGAIN

Start from the beginning

Montgomery stood there, frozen. He watches as she rubs circles soothingly at his back, humming a lullaby silently and soon enough Grayson's cries quitted down. Olivia glares at him, face wrinkled into a scowl. "Stay the fuck away from me."

She walks past him with Grayson balanced by her hip and dragging the stroller with her other hand, Montgomery follows close behind her, taking the stroller from her, "P-please, i just want to talk. Here let me help you."

"I don't need your help

"I don't need your help." She snapped, eyes flaring with anger. "You've done enough, Montgomery. Don't add more damage in my life."

"Please." He begs. "Please, just talk to me. Talk to me. I want to know what's going on; why you left, where you went, what happened to you, and who..." His eyes trailed to the baby boy in her arms and he gulped with nervousness and uncertainty. "who that baby is and why does it feel like he's connected to me. I need to know, that's all. Please, Liv."

Olivia was silent for so long he felt as if she was bomb ticking off and he was awaiting for destruction

Olivia was silent for so long he felt as if she was bomb ticking off and he was awaiting for destruction. She watched him intensely, her eyes roving across the changes he had with his features, saw the forming tears that glistened in his eyes but the anger inside never faltered, not even one bit. Grayson softly makes baby babbles next to her ear and the sound itself softened her, she knew it just isn't about her anymore. This time, it's about Grayson.

"Take the stroller to the trunk then get in the car." Montgomery releases a long breath of air he didn't know he was holding. "You want to talk? Fine."

Montgomery nods rapidly, taking the stroller and following her instructions unto how to put it back properly at the trunk. He watches silently as she put Grayson at the baby car chair at the backseat, Grayson giggling lightly as she pinches his cheek delicately and Montgomery smiles at the sight of it. When Olivia remembered that Montgomery was there, all kinds of softness on her face was wiped off.

The car was silent throughout the ride, except for Grayson's incoherent baby talks. Montgomery watches her at the corner of his eyes; noting the shaking of her fingers at the steering wheel, and the stiffness of her posture. The tension in the air was so thick, so poignant, you could cut it with a knife. She brought them to Monet's, wordlessly getting out of the car and carrying Grayson to her chest. Montgomery opens the door for her and ignores him as she enters the coffee shop, Montgomery orders for the both of them and when he sits back down, he looks at her expectantly.