Chapter 6

Hailey POV:

It's been a week since Dylan kissed me and I haven't seen him since, or his friends. I'm starting to think that this 'relationship' that me and him have is fake. It's not like I need him in my life. I was perfectly fine when he wasn't here.

I open the doors of the school to have the smell of sweat and desperation hit me directly in the face. I walked in to see Keyanna moaning with someone kissing her neck. I stretched my neck to see that it was... Dylan. Of course he would do this. He is just like every other guy in the world.

I shook my head and kept on walking to class. I took my phone out and texted Brianna and Janeil since I haven't seen them all morning.

Me: hey guys. Where r u??? I have so much to tell u

Brianna: I'm not coming in. I have a dentist appointment. Have fun but tell me 2mm.

Janeil: hey. Since I'm home alone I over slept and I just woke up with this great idea so I'm painting it right now.

Me: of course u did🌚 gtg.

Brianna: bye

Janeil: ✌️

I took my books out and was prepared to try and actually listen to the teacher but I couldn't due to the noise that was coming from across the room. Keyanna and her clique were laughing and kissing Dylan and his clique. I turned around and instantly locked eyes with Dylan. I gave him a glare and turned back around.

During the middle of class someone threw a piece of paper on my desk. I opened it to see a note that said:

Hey, r u mad at me?

I just stared at it in disbelief. Is he kidding me!?! I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it to the ground and stepped on it. I turned around to make sure that he was looking but he was just kissing Keyanna, ignoring me. I felt tears threatening to spill, but before they could the bell rang signaling for lunch so I just sprinted out of the classroom.

I walked into the cafeteria to realize that I will be sitting alone. So I just walked to an empty table at the back I the cafeteria. Sadly, that table was just across from the new popular table which included Dylan, Keyanna, Derrick, Dorthy, Isaiah, and a few other people. I took out my sand which and quietly began eating with headphones in listening to 'With ears to see and eyes to hear' by sleeping with sirens when a shadow came over me.

I looked up to see Derrick with a sad and worried smile on his face. He sat down across from me.

"Hey. Why didn't Janeil show up today? I'm worried. Is she sick?" he asked sounding concerned. Bullshit.

"Why do you care?" I hissed out, not in a good mood.

"I think the question is why not? She is perfect. They way she is focused when she is working on a new piece or anything for the matter. I really do care for her. But she won't even give me the time of day."

"Ok. That sounds like a you problem" I said taking another bite out of my food.

"Can you help me?"

"How?" I relied.

"Tell me anything that will help me get on her good side. Tell me everything about her" he insisted.

"She has been through so much bullshit with guys that she will not just fall for any guy. Her parents died in a car crash so she lives with her brothers. After that she has locked her self up in her room with music and paintbrushes. It was just this year that we finally got her out into the real world" I replied.

"That must have been horrible for her. Yet, it just makes me love her even more" he said with a genuine smile and eyes filled with love. Maybe he does actually care.

"Hey. I'm going to her house after school, you should come with me."

"Really? ok. Thank you. If you want you can come eat with us" he stood up and started walking over to his table.

I have officially decided that I hate guys. Fuck them.