Chapter 4: Goodbyes and roomservice

I'm not from America nor have I ever been there so please don't get offended if I have made some geographical mistakes.

This chapter is dedicated to everyone out there who has a friends that's closer to you than family or to those out there that are the ultimate best friend there it. 

************************************************************************************************************  Two weeks ago was when Dr Hanning first told me about the new treatment and today is the day. I'm so scared and nervous about everything that's happening and what's worse is that my families is sorta of financially unstable right now and we could only afford to send me. Dr Hanning was already waiting for at the hospital though. On the other side of the country in California! 

I cried when I hugged my mother and I clung to my dad when he said goodbye. 

"Be brave baby. And open your gift when you get there, tell me when you've opened it and the daddy will tell you what to do with it. And remember, your mother and I love you very much sweety. We'll call often and please let us know if there's anything you need." I pulled back sniffing and before he could turn away I saw that his eyes were also glistening with tears. 

My dad was my hero and my best friend. Seeing cry was almost as bad as having to leave him and mom. I could feel the pain in my chest as if my heart was actually tearing apart. 

Then, I was enveloped in a bone crushing group hug. "I'm going to miss you guys so freaking much" I said while sniffing and laughing at the same time. When I figured out that my friends wouldn't be able to visit me this time, I swear I almost had a heart attack. They were always my pillar of strength and they were the ones that kept me positive. 

Jen wiped her tears pointed her finger at me and said "You better call us, you hear?" She was trying so hard to be strong. Non of us had gone through a parting like this before and it was hard for everyone. 

"Now boarding flight 153 to San Diego, California." I was dreading the moment that I heard the voice come over the intercom but it seems like that moment came. 

"You guys, please have a great time without me. I'll send pics and I expect to be updated about the happening s at home. Please stay strong. I love you guys." I was crying again but so were they. The twins clung to each other for support, Rachel was looking at the floor with puppy dog eyes, Caitlin was searching for a tissue in her purse because she was sniffing pretty badly now and Jen coming at me for one more hug. I could feel her tears wetting my shoulder but I was sure my tears were soaking her top too. 

"Bye everyone. I LOVE YOU!" 

I soon found myself handing my ticket in. I took one last look back my farewell party. They were all huddled close and there till the very end, I had a feeling they would even watch the plane take off before they even thought about going home. I was going to miss them. I readjusted my backpack, took a deep breath and walked through the doors and onto the plane. 

"Hello there. Do you need help finding your seat?" 

"Uh, yeah sure. Please." I followed the air hostess down the isle and sat down in the seat that she gestured to. 

I sat down, put my earphones in and fell asleep listening to the sound of Lana Del Rey.

###

"Ladies and gentlemen we are approaching our destination. The captain has turned on the seat belt sign as we are beginning our descent. Thank you for flying with us and enjoy your time in San Diego California."

The ladies voice woke me up from a dreamless sleep. I was so over this making a difference thing already. I looked at my phone and saw a bunch of unread messages. 4 from Jen, 3 from Aiysha; hers were pretty funny. 1 wished me luck, the other was an apology for her mother choosing today to give birth and the third was Aiysha telling me that she was going to come visit to make it up. Then there were 7 from Caitlin and 3 from each of the twins.