"Come on, Bucky, don't let her get in your head!" Jim Mortia called, pulling Bucky away from a smirking Adeline. She got high fives from her team and the game continued, coming down to a tie.

"Next point wins!" Dum Dum Dugan shouted as he passed the ball to Adeline. She dribbled, knocking down Bucky then passing it to Gabe who made the winning shot. Adeline smiled, holding out her hand for Bucky.

"No hard feelings, right?" Adeline asked as Bucky refused to take her hand to help himself up. "Ah, come on, James." She could tell he was trying not to smile. "How about if I ..." Adeline pulled him down to meet their lips.

"Okay, but you can't expect to win everything like that," Bucky said with a smile. Adeline punched him lightly on the shoulder.

It was late and Bucky took Adeline to the open field for one last night together.

"You know, you could get out of all of this, right?" Bucky asked as Adeline nuzzled into Bucky's chest.

"Like I'm going to leave all the fighting up to the men," Adeline scoffed with a laugh.

"I'm serious Adeline," Bucky said. "You could go home and be safe. Wait for me to come home."

"Bucky, you and I both know that's not going to happen. You said yourself that you couldn't imagine me being a housewife," Adeline said, looking up at Bucky.

"I know, that's what scares me," Bucky said.

|Saturday, May 23, 1942|

The dirt roads were covered with puddles from a late night rain and the forest was misty. Adeline found it beautiful, but eerie. She found it hard to leave Bucky, a lingering feeling of dread hung in her chest and she couldn't shake it.

"You know, it would make me feel better if you were going home," Bucky said.

"I know, James," Adeline said, leaning against the Jeep. "But you know me too well."

"Unfortunately," Bucky mumbled.

"Hey, I thought you liked me," Adeline said in mock hurt, but he didn't laugh. "Come on, Buck."

"You know, I'm terrified of this war," Bucky said and Adeline's smile fell. "I don't know what's coming next, I don't know if I'll be dead or alive tomorrow. It's changing me, Adeline and I'm terrified."

"I know," Adeline said softly. Bucky sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Agent, your plane is going to be ready within the hour, I suggest we get going," a soldier informed Adeline.

"Thank you," Adeline said, nodding in the direction of the soldier before turning back to Bucky. "I guess that's my cue."

"I'll see you later," Bucky said.

"Hopefully under the right circumstances," Adeline responded.

"Hopefully," Bucky echoed. Adeline pulled him in for a soft embrace and he tightened his arms around her.

"I'll see you later, sarge," Adeline said with a soft smile.

"I'll see you around, agent," Bucky responded, smiling back.

"I hate you," Adeline laughed, pulling him in for a quick kiss.

"And I hate you," Bucky said once they pulled away. The army Jeep started and Adeline took a deep breath.

"Go, or you'll be late for your plane," Bucky urged. Adeline sighed, pulling Bucky in for another kiss before she stepped into the Jeep and she looked back, watching the camp get smaller and smaller. Adeline shifted in her seat, sitting forward.