18. After Party

Beginne am Anfang

I didn't know what to say. What did you say to something like that anyways? I'm sorry? They didn't deserve what happened? You didn't deserve what happened? I don't think that's what he wanted to hear. He knew all of that already.

"I think they are beautiful. They saved your life. Nothing could be more beautiful than that. I don't know about you but to me whenever i'll see them that's all I'll ever see, that's all I will ever remember; to be grateful. They made it possible for me to get to know someone as amazingly awesome as you. I love them." My voice shakes a bit and I end up crying myself. I see him moving towards me. I do the same and take him in my arms.

"You're right. For a long time now I haven't been sure. But for the first time in a long time I think I can say I am grateful too. Thank you for coming into my life, your highness. You make me want to live everyday. You make me want to smile. You make me want, want things I never even thought were possible." His words are sincere and loving.

I hug him a little tighter not wanting to let go just yet. But the sound of a throat clearing had other ideas. So we jump apart, quickly wiping the tears from our eyes.

Mrs. Duets hands the ice pack to Ace and after she makes sure we have seen her smirk she allows us to leave.

It turns out we had been in there quite long because when we make it outside we see the school is nearly empty. I text the girl's group chat to ask them about their whereabouts.

Me: Where are you guys?

Tight jeans: At the party. Where are you guys?

Anna pie: Yes, where have you lovebirds sneaked off to?

Me: We're still in the school you idiots. You left without us?

Sar: Oh well. More quality time with Ace then. You can thank us later.

Me: I can seriously not believe you guys right now. You left us here alone. You are dead meat as soon as I get my hands on you.

"They went to the party without us. What are we gonna do now?" I ask Ace a frown marring my features.

"Some friends we have. Well it's ok. We can reach there by ourselves." Ace says unconvincingly.

"Oh yeah? How? You came here with Gabe remember?" I place my hands on my waist and give him an unimpressed look.

"Yeah I do. So?" He looks at me with a confused expression.

"So? You dimwit. He's gone too. We have no ride and my bodyguards are going to kill me when they find out I wasn't in the car with Jenna." I can only imagine the look on Paul's face. How did they miss the fact that I wasn't in the car anyway.

"Relax, princess. We can just walk. It's only two blocks." Ace tries to calm me down.

"Easy for you to say. You don't have a whole country watching your every move."

"Don't worry. Come on. No one's going to recognise you. Trust me. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turns out trusting Ace is not something I should do often.

A few women crossing the road at the exact time as us recognised me as soon as our eyes met. It all played out like I was some huge celebrity, which to them maybe I was. They started screaming on the top of their lungs right after they overcome their shock, looking at each other as if they couldn't believe their luck.

"Oh my god.. It's the princess! The princess is here. Oh, she's so pretty! I would love to have a photo with her." One of them shrieks.

I am rooted to the same spot I had been standing in for the last five minutes because of the immense fear I feel right then of having been discovered. Sean is going to kill me when he finds out what I've landed myself into. But thankfully not both of us are out of our senses by then. Ace recovered way before I did and as soon as that happened he pulled me into an ally by the nearest corner before anyone else joined the ladies while they were still too busy jumping up and down and screaming their heads off at each other to notice us sneaking away.