A So Called "Mom"

* Shanique *

" .. And Thats How The Government .. "

I was in and out of class today, not even trying to listen to Ms. Chaunceytalk out the side of her neck. Ever since last week when mom- pause, she had the audacity to lay her hands on my little brother , I've been thinking about getting a food paying job, and moving out of there. I just need a couple references.

"Ms. Chauncey, I have a question for number 10.."

I turned to look at a living piece of art, oh god he's so beautiful.. wait, am I staring to hard?Dannnnnggg! He's looking at me

I turned around real quick and blushed a Little , which hasn't happened in a long time..

" Ms. Harris I'm sure you can answer Princeton's question number 10 cant you? " Ms. Chauncey stood in front of my desk with her arms crossed.

And before a word came put of my mouth, RINNGGGGGGG, I got up fast and pulled my purse over my shoulder.

"Hold up." Princeton yelled running down the hallway towards me I sighed and stood up against the wall.

"Hey, Shanique right ?"  He said with his hand out.

"Right , Princeton correct? " I stared at his hand and back up at him.

"Correct.." He scratched his head and made his hair flow a little which made me smile on the inside. " I just want to introduce myself .. I'm new too."  He licked his lips , then looked up into my eyes.

"Well its nice to meet you .." I grinned then walked out side to my car that my dad bought me last year for my birthday.

As I started my car I could see Princeton watching me .. I tried not to make it obvious that I was looking so I sped off to Jay's elementary school.

"Thanks for Picking me up early, Shanique. My teacher nags so much."

Jay said while we got in the car. 

I laughed "Ya know I got ya back. I playfully punch his shoulder and laugh " Wanna hit up Mickey D's? "

"You know it!" He said happily.

After eating our meal we went back to the house to see our mom with a bunch of friends Drinking and Doing Crack!

" What in the world ? Don't y'all know how to knock ?" My mother screamed.

"Get out!! Get out my house .. Y'all can come back when you learn some manners!! Didn't ya grandmother teach y'all.??

I instantly push Jay outside and told him to get in the car,

Veronica don't you Ever talk about my grand mother that way, Ever again !Your so lucky your my so called " Mother " , seems like a dumb crack headed hood rat everyone passes around.!"  I went upstairs and quickly packed all mine and Jays things with all the money I could find.

" Little girl don't make me go up there and slap you! "

"Skip you! Your not even considered a mom!" I scream with tears rolling down my face; I quickly wiped them away and stormed out of the house.

Jay helped me get the suitcases in the car, we quickly got in the car and drove off..

" Shanique, where we gonna stay at? "

And for once., I had no answer

I don't know Jay, I don't know ..