Chapter Twentytwo

Start from the beginning

My eyebrows furrowed in a frown, feeling a little tiny under his tired gaze. Although he wasn't glaring, I could tell by the line his lips were in that he was completely annoyed with me, especially because he's just waking up now.

Harry tested the waters as he began to sit up, watching me carefully as I looked at him with a little pout. I'm a child when I'm on my period. I turned into Daddy's little girl all over again, and my mother hated it. I'd ask him to bring me all types of fattening crap. Oh, those chips were three hundred calories? Oops. Quite frankly, I don't seem to care.

"Stop pouting at me like a child," he went to flick my nose, but I moved away from him.

"Well why don't you stop being a jerkface?!" I exclaimed, trying to stop the pout but it just happened. I had no control of myself during these days.

"I'm not a morning person," he answered quickly, beginning to move but I pressed my hand to his chest.

Our eyes locked. His tired, annoyed expression made me rethink twice what insult I was going to call him. But I decided against any, knowing that cuddling up to him and kissing him would do the trick. As long as he stopped being a jerk.

"Don't be like that with me," moving closer to his chest, wrapping my arms around his neck and lying my head on his shoulder.

Part of him knew that I was just trying to convince him, but he wrapped his arms around my waist any way. "I'm sorry, baby." I felt him press his lips to my cheek, then the beauty mark above my lips, and finally my nose. "You're lucky I like you so much."

I raised my head off his shoulder just to kiss his jawline. "Can you get me food, too?" I asked softly.

He hummed. "Vanilla ice cream?"

"Yes, please."

"And Taco Bell?"

My head nodded on its own, not having to wait for me to even think a second thought about getting tacos. His finger rubbed small circles on my back, our position staying like that. I felt calm and relax, inhaling his cologne and touching his broad shoulders with my hands. His skin was so warm and soft, perfect. The muscles beneath it were almost perfectly carved, and I had no idea how that was possible. But like I said, he had a face made in Heaven, and a body carved in Hell.

When I decided to look at the time, reaching for my phone, I was relieved to see it was eleven thirty. Not exactly too late, but not too early. I had a few texts from Clary, Natalie, but mostly Emily about her missing tampons. I sat on Harry's lap there, typing on my phone and completely ignoring the fact that he was becoming uncomfortable by the second -- thoughts about bleeding on him were obvious on his face.

I finally glanced up at him to find him staring at his phone with concentration. I wasn't the nosy type, never was and never will be. I'm not that curious about things. I simply don't care if it doesn't involve something I'm really concerned about like my friends, or my...friends.

We might argue a lot, and this might be like my eleventh hour as his girlfriend, but I'm promising myself that I'm going to keep myself off that road. I will only be jealous when there's a girl clearly doing it in front of me, and I won't go snooping through his phone. I'm already warning myself of things a lot of girls on TV shows do to get themselves in trouble with their boyfriends. I mean, of course I've seen what happens to a lot of relationships. Even though both of our hard heads, I know Harry and I can make it with equal effort.

"Babe, I'm going to get dressed and get you your...girly things." He said.

I grunted. "Don't say that word."

"What word? What's bothering you now?" His eyebrows raised, testing me and my patience.

My lips pressed into a thin line before I huffed. "Please don't say girly."