Chapter 3

Raven

​RING! RING!

​I sat up with a jolt and quickly shut off my alarm. I look around and I see my twin sleeping soundly and smile. Well... we aren't really twins. We just act like it but we look similar enough that we could be twins.

​I get out of my bed and start towards the bathroom when a chime sounds.

​Ding, dong, dang! Attention all tributes! You all should report to the gym in 20 minutes. I don't give a damn if you haven't had your breakfast yet, just get your ass there! That is all.

​I hear a groan as I walked into the bathroom. Sounds like England heard the announcement.

-

​I sighed as I looked around and looked at everybody. Ajairu doesn't look like she got much sleep. Pretty much everyone looked like they didn't get much sleep. Well, except Mr. Shtone.

​"Looks like everyone is here", the old bast- I mean, Mr. Shtone said. "Everyone is wondering why we are all here yes?"

​No one answered him.

​"Well, I'll give you a hint. It is something vital to your survival in the Homo Games."

​Nayrb was the only one who dared to raise their hand. "Uhm... Food?"

​"No, you dimwit! Weapons! You are all here to get assigned your weapon."

​"Wait a minute, aren't we supposed to choose our own weapon?" Uvula said.

​"That wouldn't be fun!" Mr. Shtone replied. "Now pick a piece of paper", he said as he held out a silk top hat with scraps of paper with, what I had assumed then, names of weapons on them.

​One by one we all took a piece of paper out of the hat. After we were all finished, Mr. Shtone just walked out of the room, giving no explanation for it was not needed. I looked at down at the weapon I 'chose'. All it said was 'Guns'.

​We were all suddenly rushed out of the room with the men in white suits. Some of us were in groups and others were alone. I could not see England nor Ajairu as I was pushed into a pitch black room.

​The lights abruptly turned on, illuminating the once dark room. The room was quite spacious and the walls were all painted black. The room was completely empty, with the exception of me.

​The door opened and a boy about the same age as me, or younger, walked into the room. He had blue hair that looked close to a very dark gray and wore Victorian age clothes. The blue haired boy also wore an eye patch over his right eye.

​"You must be wondering who I am, correct?" he asked in a British accent. I just nodded in response.

​"Well, Mr. Shtone thought that you tributes would not know how to handle any of the weapons that were assigned to you and so we were hired to teach you people how to use your assigned weapon."

​"So everyone has their own trainer?" I asked.

​"It depends on how many people have the same weapon. For example, you are the only one who got guns so you will be learning one-on-one. But, for a more commonly picked weapon like the bow, Apollo has to teach all those tributes by himself because his sister Artemis is busy doing other things."

​I only hummed in understanding at that statement. "Wait. I don't even know your name. How do I can trust you and that you won't kill me right this instant?"

​He just sighed and said, "My name is Ciel. My job is to train you. Do you really think that I would just kill you? If I did, Mr. Shtone would find out and not pay me." I didn't answer him.

​He just walked to the other side of the room and pressed a button that had escaped my eye. When he pressed the button, the wall split and moved away to showcase numerous amounts of guns, gunpowder, ammo, etc. He did the same with the two other walls and then walked up to me.

​"First off, you have to learn all the names of the guns. It is useless to use any of this equipment unless you know the name of all of it." And so, I had to memorize all of the names of the guns in just 3 hours. That was our first training session.

-

​After those three hours, it was lunch time and everyone rushed out of their training rooms and ran to the dining room. I looked back at Ciel as I walked to the door. He just sat there on the ground unmoving like he did while I memorized the guns, polishing an old shotgun.

​"Aren't you going to go eat?" I ask.

​"No... I don't feel hungry", was his answer. I respected his decision and went on to the dining room.

​I walked into the room and saw England and Ajairu sitting at a table located at the lower right hand corner. I walked toward them and sat down. "Sorry I'm late."

​The both of them mumble an "It's ok" which was rare for them because they were usually very bright and cheery, (well, Ajairu was more on the sprightly side but...). "What's wrong with you two?"

​Ajairu looks back at me with a pale face. "My trainer is... scary..."

​England also looks back at me but with a blushing face. "My trainer is... uh..."

​Just then the dining room door slammed open and a guy who looked to be about sixteen walked in.

​"Hello ladies! You are all looking beautiful today." He looked around the room until his eyes rested on England. "Oh hi there England!" he yelled while waving his arm wildly.

​I looked back at England with an understanding look on my face as I had surmised that he was her instructor.

​Then, another man walked through the door. He looked to be in his twenties but with the bags under his eyes, he could have easily been older. He had a grimace on his face and did not look happy to be here at all. He also looked pretty short, at least next to the England's trainer.

​I could hear him grumble something about shitty brats as he strides past us to get to the instructor's table. I think I can safely assume that he was Ajairu's teacher seeing that he was a man that no one would want to make angry. Everyone else filed into the room and lunch was served.

​The rest of the day was spent learning the names of the guns and learning each gun's statistics.

​I skipped dinner and walked back to my room and took a shower. I got ready for bed and I went to sleep earlier than usual for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the rest of the days until the Homo Games, was going to be busy and tiring. I was going to need all the rest I can get.