Chapter 2

Izzys POV

I never thought it would happen. What should I do now? I could't and didn't want to go back to my parents. secretly I cursed myself because I had no good feeling from the beginning. Jordan wasn't there for the weekend, so I had two days to find a new place to stay. two days were damned little. I sighed. I could have asked Kelly, but she was completely overwhelmed with her current situation. I never wanted to have children at the beginning of my twenties.So now Stacey and her ... friend left. I didn't want to go there too. Scolding me, I grabbed my things together. I got ready late at night and lay down on the couch to sleep.

At half past seven I woke up. I put on my backpack and took the remaining things in the hand.

As I passed the shop, I looked through the window and spotted him.

Sighing, I shook my head and moved on. Not a minute later, he jumped in front of my nose.

"Hey, Izzy!" he almost scared me.

"Hi, why are you in the store so early?" I tried to smile.

"Yes, I have early morning service, would not you like to have breakfast? Come, I invite you!"

Already he dragged me inside. There he parked me at a small table and my luggage next to me.

"Do you want coffee or what do you like?"

I sighed. I didn't have any appetite. My thoughts were already somewhere else, how and where I should live now.

"Coffee sounds good, thanks."

And then he was gone.

As soon as he put down my steaming coffee, he told me that he might as well come to me.

Absent-mindedly, I stir in my cup until he reappears at my table.

"Thanks for the Coffee." I smiled.

"Do you want to go somewhere, or why all the luggage?"

"Not directly, I'm looking for an apartment ..."

He frowned and looked at me questioningly.

"I thought you live up here right now?" he asked, glancing at the door while serving the next customer.

"That was once."

I clenched my hand into a fist and had to suppress the tears.

He still looked at me strangely.

"Izzy, what's up?"

"Nothing, forget it." I said and then it happened. The first tear rolled down my cheek.

"Izzy ?! Were you thrown out?"

Slowly, I realized that I had a real problem.

"No, I ... go by myself."

"Does he have another?"

Reluctantly, I nodded. Then I really burst into tears.

"Yeah, I caught him, then Jordan threw me out, he's not there for the weekend, so I've got two days left to find something new."

"Shit, I'm really sorry." he said, looking at me intently.

"Can not you go to a friend?" he wanted to know while he was distracted by a customer again.

"Oh yes, either I'll become a drug junkie myself or I'll end up in jail ..."

He frowned again.

"I have a room free if you like and you don't know where else you could go."

Now I looked surprised.

"Uh ... we do not even know each other, I don't even know what your name is ... Mr. Ament." At least I tried to smile.

"Jeff is enough." he winked. „So, Deal?"

So, before I really landed on the street, I agreed. Jeff smiled and winked.

"We'll get along and we'll find a way with the rent."

I didnt think so, so I had to look for another job. With the little merit I had now, I could get by for maybe two weeks. With Jordan, I never had to pay rent or anything like that.

"Watch out, I'll give you the key, I have to work two more hours until I can come to you, or do you want to get anything else?"

I nodded. Then we were disturbed in the middle of the conversation.

"Hey Jeff, will you come to the rehearsal afterwards?" asked a guy who probably had to be like him at the same age.

"Hi, Stone, no, I've got something to do, I'll come back later, okay?"

Stone, or whatever, looked at me disparagingly. Of course, I noticed that I was bothering with something, so I turned to Jeff.

"If you have something more important to do, do it. I'll be fine."

"It's getting late, just feel like home, right? " he smiled again.

Stone still looked at me skeptically and I felt uncomfortable. So I took the key from Jeff and left the cafe.