|16. FATHER|

Chapter Sixteen: FATHER

Shirayuki's P.O.V

"That's all the royals gone, your majesty!" I nodded "Thank you Sorano!" she bowed her head "Prince Zen stayed, right?" she nodded and I nodded back. I sighed "What is Prince Zen doing?" she looked at me "I believe he's with the children, sorry!" I nodded "It's fine and thank you!" she bowed her head and I stood up "Let's go see how they're doing!" she nodded and we left my office to where my children stay. We went in to no noise or movement. I stepped further into the room and there was still no sight of them. I began to worry as the window was open. I ran out of the room yelling to all the guards "Stay on alert!" I picked up my pace, running through each hall until I heard laughing among a lot of sobbing. I cautiously walked towards the crying and laughing to then find Zen laughing at my family crying in a group hug around someone. They all split whipping their tears and that's when I saw the emerald eyes and blonde hair. It couldn't have been Sting as he wasn't that old and his hair was dull.

He then looked at me and gave me the biggest smile ever "Shirayuki!" my lips then began to tremble "Dad?" my mother nodded from his right side and then I ran, enveloping my father in a tight hug, him placing his hands behind me and one of the two rubbed my back "I'm alive dear!" tears streamed from my eyes and into the fabric of his shirt, I grabbed a load of his shirt material whilst still hugging him and then I managed to say "Where have you been all these years?" that's  when I felt him rest his chin on the top of my head. "I was in the mountains of Tanbarun, whilst they helped me get to health, I helped them by convincing King Shenazard to let them stay as they aren't the bandit's everyone makes them out to be but they actually stay there to protect Tanbarun from bandits!" I smiled, knowing my father had been well cared for, I closed my eyes squeezing the last tears from my eyes. I let him go and regained my posture. I looked up at my father.

"How come I wasn't told? That you were alive!" my mother then looked to him "Yes dear, how weren't we told, Shirayuki, in fact, has spoken with the KIng of Tanbarun since your death!" my dad's face filled with shock but it then turned to a proud look. "I asked of him, to tell nobody as I didn't want you worrying for my health as I regained my strength because I knew for sure that Shirayuki would drop everything to try and speed up my recovery!" I folded my arms "Yet you still had no right to keep things from us, your own family, family is meant to worry and no one can stop that, but making it so we all thought you were dead put us through misery, you could have asked us to not worry so much and give you space!" Zen then came to my side, placing his hand on my shoulder "Shirayuki, he's back now, that's what you should be looking at, not the time he was gone!" I breathed, then shaking my head.

"Sorry Zen but he knew what would happen with his absence, he knew mother couldn't cope with peace treaties or giving a signature meaning she'd just send us all off, he knew the rules of the kingdom would change with my mum in charge, all his work destroyed!" we were all left in silence and that's when I turned around "If you would excuse me, I have to attend to my office!" I began to walk away until I heard my children call "MUMA!" I turned around to see them at my father's legs "Please give grampa a chance, he just didn't want you to see him in pain!" I averted my eyes to the floor "I think I need some time by myself, I'll see you all at dinner!" I turned again and carried on my walk, to my office.

Zen's P.O.V

"I'm sorry, she's just really missed you and it's got to be a shock!" he nodded then turning towards me "Indeed but who are you son?" I scratched the back of my neck "Zen Wistaria, Second Prince of Clarines, sir!" that's when Shirayuki's mother broke in "Father of our grandchildren and also soon to be King of Akagami!" Shirayuki'd father then squinted his eyes at me "That's why you spoke up, isn't it?" I nodded slowly. "When's the wedding?" I began to choke "I am yet to arrange it all but now you can also help me dear!" I looked to Shirayuki's mother, my face was hot, why does this always happen when someone talks of mine and Shirayuki's relationship.

Lector, Lyona nd Layla then began to giggle slightly with their hand over their mouths, I looked away. Everyone carried on with their day as usual and then it came to dinner. Shirayuki was last to enter, then sitting next to me which so happened to be opposite her father, I turned to Shirayuki "How was your day?" she began to eat "You know how it was!" I nodded and turned to my food. You can tell Shirayuki isn't happy "Shirayuki, where's the book we've been working on, I want to show it to father!" Shirayuki then placed her knife and fork back onto the table "It's in a safe place Ryuu, now may you please excuse me!" she got up, then proceeding to leave. I frowned at my food then picking my head up with a smile "PLease excuse me, I'm going to go see if she's okay!" everyone nodded but her father looked unhappy. I got up then leaving after Shirayuki "Shirayuki, can you just open your eyes, for a moment, your dad's showing you how much he cares but your being selfish and thinking of the times he was gone, your dad's trying, unlike mine, just think me and Izana never saw our father and he didn't take the time of day to talk or even come to dinner with us, he got guards to train us instead of him doing it yourself!".

A/N ~ Hey there, it's been a while, I noticed that and I'm sorry but right now my life is hectic, giving me less time to write, plus my computers messing me about so I'm having to use my old laptop which isn't all that good as it has a charging problem, also it loses charge real quick. It just so happened that I had to sort a lot of my brothers transferring school stuff alongside my achievements at school, I got two trophy's (Attainment Art and Personal Best Spanish), I'm also competing in an international art competition which doesn't give me much time either, but I'm gonna try to fit my writing in now, even if it means "11pm here I come" haha, anyway I hope you enjoyed this rather late chapter and sorry again, love yah!