Chapter 4: Struggle

Start from the beginning

But right now it's the opposite where he was my disease.

"Ssh," he gulped before pulling me close with his free hand that wasn't holding the material. "Goddammit, stop crying Yaun..."

He pulled my head to his chest and caressed my head. I swore I saw his eyes, watered until his own tears fell from my head but I couldn't get the sight since he's tightly holding me on his chest.

"Why you've got the balls to do that?" I half joked in husky tone.

Shaun was heard chuckling until he let go of me. I could now look at him but unfairly too late to see his last state.

"Stop those tears." he wipes it away from my cheeks and cups it.

"But you haven't told me..." I kept bringing the topic up.

He looks up and back to me with a soft heartedly expression. "I couldn't."

'I'm so stupid.'

"Not right now," he continue as lets go of my face, turning his back. "Yaunna, go home."

He walks away and left me there standing unanswered. I was watching him fade from my sight when it started to get dark.

I shook my head in disbelief before running my way home, feeling completely devastated.

Timeskip~

Shaun and I became distant and the only person I could get to stick with was Amber, the Herwell girl I was referring the last time.

We became close after the game match last P.E. and she was actually trustworthy. Amber was once befriended with the bitches at our campus that used her for such things until she found out and confirmed them F.O. to her.

No. Not 'Friendship's Over'.

It's 'Fuck Off'

Until she learned to be alone and met me. At least she could stay put with my personality.

"I still think of you as a couple." she said before stuffing some cheese bread on her mouth.

"Jeez, Amber. For the nth time please restrain yourself for repeating that," I massaged my temples. "I'm sick if hearing it."

"I still think-"

"I said we're fucking not!" I half yelled, making the students stare at our direction.

Amber laughs and then drinks on her soda. "God, Yaunna. Aren't you too affected?"

"Shut your mouth." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, then." She finally said, eating peacefully and so I am when my phone tuned.

1 message from: Drummedhead

I was hesitant to open it but I was hoping it was something that matters.

From: Drummedhead

Yaun, look near the windows.

Reply | Delete

My eyes turned to the glass walls that unveil the outside. I searched for the bowl cutted guy and found him. He waves and did something on his phone.

1 message from: Drummedhead

I knew it. He was messaging me. I opened the text.

From: Drummedhead

Will you go tomorrow for the football match? Pleeeaaase!

Reply | Delete

I was about to push reply when a certain intruder spoke behind me.

"Ohh, he's asking for you to cheer him tomorrow??" Amber was staring at my phone.

"Amber! What the hell are you doing?" I moved my phone away from her sight.

She shrugged. "Witnessing an update with my otp?"

"Otp? Seriously?" I ask her in disbelief.

"Yeah... why?" She gave me a playful smirk.

"Shut it." I stated before turning back to my phone.

To: Drummedhead

I'll think of it...

Send | Forward

I sent it to him. I glanced back to the window only to see 'glasses' give me a bitter smile and left.

I felt guilty but at the same time I thought it was fine rather than saying yes and being talk-shit.

"What did you say?" Amber asked.

"I'll think of it.."

"Aw!" She said, kind of disappointed. "Anyway, I'll push you to go."

"Agh, I'm still not sure, okay?" I put my phone back to my pocket.

Amber shrugged and continue eating.

Maybe, watching him play once wouldn't be bad...