Chapter 2

Toru's P.O.V.

*2 months later*

I just went home after hours of watching bands perform in the a festival nearby. I wish I would be able perform there one day.

Strumming my guitar in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep, hoping I could think clearly about some things; the idea of forming a band was something I used to think of a few years back but was something I can't fully push through since I was a having a lot of doubts, knowing that bands here in Japan were not famous enough to build themselves up even more overseas. It's what most people would want, but considers it way too risky. I quit playing my guitar and light up a cigarette stick, hoping it could ease up the tension. But I know it's not enough, I need to get my mind off a lot of things by venting it out, since I've just got a better idea.

I tiptoed downstairs while the guitar is strapped behind me hoping I didn't make much sound as I left the house, rode my bicycle and on my way to Kai's house. Finally in front of her house, well shit it is really that late. I resorted on picking up small rocks and started throwing one on her window. I already had 3, what a heavy sleeper. The time was perfect for the other members of the house to not notice me but not the perfect time enough for Kai to notice me since she could be sleeping. Toru, why are you such a baka? Of course she's sleeping! I was about to give up and decide to head home when suddenly,

"What is wrong with you Yamashita??" I heard her open the window while scratching her eyes. Note the annoyance on her voice, I really did disturb her. Fuck it, I think she's mad at me.

"I..uhh..just really need someone to talk to, but if you need to sleep, I can-"

"Nah, I'm alright, just climb up here, don't make much sound."

Well, that just worked, I thought she would push me away even all I needed was someone who can hear me out. Luckily, climbing up on her room was easy since it wasn't too high and I'm thanking myself for being able to learn how to climb numerous times when I was still a kid. Finally I was able to get in her room as she assists me on doing so. I sit on her bed while she sits on her desk chair.

"So what troubles Toru Yamashita at this very late hour?" she opened up with a very concerned expression.

"Uhh... I was thinking of forming a band but I-"

"OMG you do?! That's great, sing for me, I want to hear it!" She giggled and hugged a stuff toy as she watch me put my guitar in front of me. She's so cute, it's like telling a story to a child.

We are living in the same world

Boku to kimi kotae wa nai kedo

unmei no deai sae dareka no kimegoto de..

If I can touch your heart

I can tell how you feel

subete tukurareteiru ki ga shite

na mo nakihito boku igai wa

ai wo shiru koto de genjitsu ga mietekita ki ga suru

ikiru imi wo soba de te wo nigiri kaesu kimi ga

sabitsuiteiru sekai ni utagai wo motu jibun ga ita kedo

The answer you gave me

First love that you brought me...

kokoro no kumori ha naze

taiyou ga nobotte mo kimi wa hitomi wo tojita mama

kono yo de saigo no namida wo sotto nagashiteita yo

kimi wa ayatsuri ningyo janakute boku dake no mono datta n da

kono nukumori wa me de wa mirenai yo

if I can touch your heart

I can tell how you feel

subete tsukarareteiru ki ga shite

na mo naki hito boku igai wa

they're all the same looking like dolls

sabitsuiteiru sekai ni utagai wo motsu jibun ga ita kedo

the answer you gave me

first love that you brought me...

amazora ni hoshitachi ga...

"That was amazing!!" she was very astonished that it made her clap, guess I made a fan all by myself before this band is even formed. Kidding.

"You know what? You're so great and you should push with that band idea of yours! You're going to be famous one day and I'm going to be you're biggest fan!" she blurted out with such emphasis, wow she really was very optimistic about the band's future which for me seems unrealistic.

"Uhm, I don't know. I had a lot of plans for the band but I don't know how I will be able to achieve it. It seems impossible to me, I guess."

"Toru, the only reason for a dream to be impossible is when you don't take risks nor do efforts in achieving it. Thus, making you believe it is utter impossible. No dream is easy to achieve, you know that. You'll get to cry one day, full of regret that you didn't took a chance on that dream of yours. Remember, it might just be a one time opportunity, take it as sooner as possible. We're not born with a lot of good luck, we always have to work hard for what we really wanted or in other words, we have to create our own door."

That was something. I came to the right person about this matter. I should've opened up about this months ago. Now the only problem I have would be the members that I'm going to recruit. But first, I should open this up to Ryota since he was one of my closest friends that I knew would also understand me.

I was so caught up, I hugged her and thank her for such wise words. I was very lucky to have a friend like her. It felt like a huge weight on my chest were somehow lifted. I hurried away from her house since we still do have school in the morning. I was grinning and galloping like a fool. Good thing no one's around or else they might mistaken me for someone that is drunk or on drugs.

That is all I needed, from a lot of rejections that I received in the past and the chances I refused to take. I needed just one person that is going to see that even the slightest potential that I had and is able to say YES to me.

Well, this is just the beginning.

A/N:

Sorry if I was not knowledgeable enough when it comes to Japanese culture since I, myself is not Japanese. I'll try to execute every chapter the best way I can.

But hey, new chapter! My semester finally ended and I can now focus on this story. See you in chapter 3 😘