Pranking Sam

A.N: I think Tony should be the one who gets pushed off the table by Steve. Go to 2:17 to see the relevant part to this video.

Bucky lay on his marshmallow-like bed in Avengers Tower, drumming his metal fingers on the mattress and humming Seven Nation Army. The song spoke to him on a spiritual level, apart from the fact that he couldn't remember, not forget. Taking the headphones off that technically belonged to Steve, Bucky swung out of the bed with a bored huff and walked over to the larger than fucking necessary window, where the city lay below him. A shout across the street caught his attention, and he looked closer at the pavement below. Two teenagers were yelling at each other- no. One teenager was yelling at the other, and it appears that one seemed to be... laughing? Bucky sighed. The days when he'd had that relationship with Steve was long gone. Both of them were changed now, and the best they could do was to try and pick up the pieces of where they left off. Bucky wasn't even sure if he was Steve's best friend anymore. The bird dude, Sam, seemed to have taken over that role. It's not that Bucky HATED Sam; he was actually very fun to piss off. Tapping his chin with his flesh fingers, Bucky suddenly grinned as inspiration struck him for the perfect prank. All he needed now was Sam in a good mood...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nice run man."

"That's a first. Usually you're struggling to keep up while screaming that you hate me!"

Sam rolled his eyes at a smirking Steve.

"At least I trained to be that fit. You basically took a glorified version of steroids." Sam took a swig out of the orange juice bottle while Steve glared at him.

"Can you use a glass, Sam?"

"You let Bucky drink the milk straight out of the carton!"

"He's still adjusting to civilian life. You've gotta give him a chance, Sam. Please?"

Sam raised an eyebrow at Steve's pleading expression.

"Fine. But if he tries to strangle me, it's on you."

"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bucky silently crept down the hallway towards one of the many lounges in the tower. Why one needed so many lounges, Bucky didn't know, but it seemed to be something to do with Stark's over inflated ego. As he approached the door, Bucky put his plan into action. He knew Sam and Steve were in there; they had just returned from their morning run. 

"Time to be adorable-ish." He muttered.

Opening the door, Bucky quietly walked in with soft footsteps, as if he was afraid of being noticed. As he walked over to the mini bar by the sofa, keeping to the walls, if was interrupted by Steve, as was expected.

"Heya Buck. You alright?"

Bucky flinched at the noise, and seemed to shrink into the wall. Looking at Steve tentatively through his long hair, he avoided eye contact and focused on the burrito in Steve's hand.

"Buck? What's up?"

Making sure his voice was dry and quiet, Bucky answered.

"Bad dream."

Steve's face softened and he gently approached Bucky. For a moment Bucky felt guilty for using his instability as an excuse for a prank, but the feeling was soon gone. After all, he HAD had a nightmare last night. So just tell the real details.

"What was it about, Buck?" Steve asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Bucky gulped and flinched from the contact. Steve stepped back, making sure Bucky didn't feel caged in.