Chapter Nine

Time really flies when you're having fun. Niall hasn't been around much since I hurt him. Yeah, I was being a total bitch but did he really deserve it? I'm not sure anymore. He says he was stressed and they kinda knew they were going to get kicked off and he couldn't always handle my calls every five minutes and he snapped. perfectly understand able in my point.

So I keep going to work and I'm eating normal meals, and I'm determined to turn Michael straight. I can do it, I think. We almost kissed last week, until a customer came in.

I've started talking to Niall a lot more and I think we're really close to rebuilding our friend ship back to its full potential.

Meanwhile I've started applying for early college courses, in order to get into a good Ivy League. Well it turns out Gemma and her parents are going to fly out to Harvard and look at scholarship opportunities for Gemma. So it's a week without them.

My moms pretty happy that I eat, and that I'm sleeping more. it makes me really happy that me and Niall have something again. The boys are nicer to him and really kinda took his side when Niall explained why he called that night and why he said that.

I'm going to sleep now and as I drift I hear something.

*CRASH*

I jolt up and decide it's just a cat or something knocking over trash outside.

I go back to sleep when my mom wakes me,

"Audry, audry! get up! we have to go hide!"

My mom was very scared as a child and got a panic room as soon as she could find one.

I heard gun shots and my mom pulled me out of bed so fast I thought I would die.

We get into the room and lock the doors, I begin to cry and she just holds me.

We wake up the next day and wait for hours. Then the phone rings,

Gemma was dead.