The One With The Okay

The actors bow again, their hands joined, as the audience gives a standing ovation. Chandler can't really feel his hands anymore from applauding and his face is about to become numb as well with the grin he's been wearing for the past minutes.

Monica elbows him. He looks over at her; his own expression must resemble hers.

She leans in, says something he can barely hear over the roar of the crowd.

All he can read from her lips are the words "Joey" and "brilliant".

He nods, and stops clapping momentarily to pull her into a side hug.

Most of this would not have happened without her and he probably doesn't tell her nearly enough.

But when he lets go, her eyes are twinkling, and Chandler's pretty sure she understands.

-

"That sounds great, Eleanor." There's Joey's voice, sounding sheepish as it approaches the spot where Chandler's been told to wait, at the fringes of the backstage area. "Only I've already got plans tonight."

"Oh." The voice of a woman trying very hard not to sound snubbed. Chandler bites back a grin. "Well, maybe you and your girlfriend could join us for drinks?"

Joey and the petite blonde woman who played his love interest Hero round the corner, coming face to face with Chandler.

Chandler takes pride in the way Joey's face immediately splits into a delighted grin. "Hi."

"Hi you." He pushes his hands into his pockets. "Ready to go?"

Joey has changed into black slacks and a violet button up, hair still a little wet from the quick wash he must've had to get rid of the sweat. Chandler can barely take his eyes off him long enough to glance at his co-actress.

Her eyes wander from Joey to Chandler and she cocks her head approvingly. "Oh, pardon. Maybe you and your friend would like to join us?"

She's actually trying to flirt with Chandler. Years ago he would've been flattered by the fact that a woman is not immediately assuming he's gay.

Now he has to fight the urge to grin smugly when Joey reaches to intertwine their hands.

"Thanks a lot for the invitation, but my boyfriend and I actually have reservations. Don't we, Chan?"

"Indeed we do, Joey."

Chandler can almost hear the Oh her mouth is forming.

Joey starts to pull him away before he can think of a comment. "Have a good night, Eleanor!"

Once outside, they let go of each other's hands to put on their coats.

Joey glances at him, smiling too when he catches sight of the amused smile playing on Chandler's lips. "What you grinning at?"

"Oh, nothing." Chandler turns up his collar. "I was just thinking I'll probably never get enough of seeing you might turn down attractive women who ask you out."

Joey blushes, giving him a little shove as he laughs. "Shut up."

Casting a look around, he changes the subject. "Did Mon and the others stick around?"

There's a yelp and then Rachel attaches herself to Joey's back.

"Does that answer your question?" Chandler chuckles.

"You were incredible, Joey!"

"Never thought I'd say this, but you actually rocked those tights, man."