2

Ryan's p.o.v

I had been waiting for this day my whole life. My eighteenth birthday. Today marks the time where I can finally begin to prepare to take over my father's position as Alpha. Not to mention find my mate. Unlike most, who find their mate on their sixteenth birthday, mine has been more than unsuccessful. The worst part of not having found my mate is that I can not officially become Alpha without them to rule by my side as Luna.

I know that he or she is in the pack because my wolf can feel the bond, but he just can't tell who it is. My guess is that whoever is my mate has been blocking the bond since we were sixteen, but today that will be no longer possible. Anyone has the ability to -in a words- ignore the bond, but that only works until the eighteenth birthday. The reason being is because a wolf needs their mate to be able to survive. They balance out each other's wolves. The longer a wolf goes without their wolf after they turn eighteen, the more chances they become feral. So when a werewolf turns eighteen anything that has blocked the bond, is removed so that the two people can find each other and mate.

"Ryan, go give the mutt his food. Jacob had to go train the pups so he can't do it, and we don't want the runt dying just yet."

My wolf felt uneasy when my father spoke of Omega in such a disrespectful way. Which confused me because I've heard and said worse to him, and it never bothered him before. Because I didn't understand what the feel was, I brushed it off as nothing and went to the kitchen and piled the left over food from lunch onto a plate.

As I made my way down to the basement the feeling from either not only came back but it intensified. Sillas, my wolf, was itching to get out and it was hard to keep him contained. I had to take a deep breath once I reached the end of the stair case so I could collect myself.

I walked toward the cage and my breath was caught in my throat. Out of all the rogues making noise in their cells, icy blue eyes that seemed to glow in the dark captivated my eyes.
In my mind Sillas was howling out in triumph after finally finding his mate, but I on the other hand wasn't as glad as he.

The food I had in my hands crashed to the ground and I snarled as I made my way to the bars that kept Omega contained in the basement. I was beyond angry. Out of everyone I could have been paired with, I am stuck with him. His blood is tainted and he would not make a good Luna for my pack or any other. His kind is a disgrace to werewolves, and if it wasn't for that small bit of wolf blood in him, he would be dead or somebody's whore.

I reached forward a grabbed a fistful if his blonde, almost white, hair and yanked him forward. He said nothing as I forced him to make eye contact with me.

"You will never be anything to me. You will never be anything to anyone because you're a disgrace. And if you had once single thought that I would accept Jacob's fuck toy as my mate, then you can discard them right now."

I released his hair and watched him fall to his knees on the ground. His jaw was clenched, but he never uttered a word.

I never looked back at him as I ascended up the stairs again. Nobody will know that I've founded my mate , and I'll just find an unmated wolf to claim as my own. There are dozens of wolves that would kill to be the mate of an Alpha. I just have to find one.

Omega's p.o.v

Part of me held hope that he would accept me. Just a small part. It was the only thing that kept me going. It keep everything thing bad that has happened or could happen to me seem bearable because there was just a slither of a possibility that he would accept me. Now I wouldn't mind if one of these rogues escaped and murdered me right here.

"That man doesn't define us. We have suffered everyday of our lives, and you cannot let this be the thing that destroys us."

My wolf was right. I knew he was hurting along side me, but I couldn't find the strength to think rationally. I haven't ate in nearly a week and sleep was nearly impossible with the other occupants in the room. Part of me thought of letting my other half take control, but with the memories that came to mind when I was reminded of my demonic side I quickly shut those thoughts out.

I am one of the rare hybrids. You'll commonly see wolves mixed with werecats and other beings such as that, but I am nothing close to that. My father was an Alpha werewolf and my mother she was a demon. Most humans and creatures don't even know that demons, angels, and other divine beings walk this Earth going unnoticed. But they do, and my mother was one of them. Though, her kind didn't take kindly to her mating to someone that wasn't a demon and they especially didn't like it when I was born. A half werewolf half demon. Nothing like me had ever been heard of. Then when I was four a battle raged between my old pack and a group of demons. All the wolves were killed. My mom had used her powers to send me away before she died, and that's where I was found by this pack. Nobody knows what my other creature is besides the Alpha.

I squeezed my eyes tight to stop the tears that threatened to fall when the memories from that night came flooding into my mind.

'It wasn't your fault. You didn't have the control."

I didn't give a response. No matter who told me that it wasn't my fault, I will always blame myself for what happened.