Chapter 3: Found

Everything was a blur, E'nak was lying on his back on cold hard sandstone. There was a blurry figure crouching over him. Without hisitation he tried to claw at the figure only to be pinned down again. "Glad youve finally awoken young one." The figure said. It took a moment for E'nak's vision to clear. "Who are you?! What are you doing to me?!" He struggled to get free but the man held him in place. "Im only here to help. If i didnt save you when i did then you would be dead." E'nak stopped resisting. "If you say so" he looked around and to the side of him he saw a large pile of bone and entrails. "Your horse was about to die anyway. Felt he would want to go to better use then being dead weight." E'nak sighed. "He wasnt my horse."

Looking up and around he realized that he was in the tunnels of a eroded sandstone mountain. "How long had i been riding?" "Being a road marker is more like it, when i found you, you had left a trail as far as i could see. I also had to shave your fur because you picked up more than enough sand lice to kill a mamoth." E'nak felt his body. It was true, the old man did shave his fur short but with good reason. In a flash of fear he looked back at his tail. "Do not worry young khajiit, your tail will heal fine. Ive bandaged it against your left leg. Healing spells only go so far." E'nak smiled."I understand. Thank you, old man."

E'nak started to walk around "You cant leave yet." Said the old man. "You owe me a favor as i had done for you." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a parchment of paper. "I need you to deliver this to my grandaughter in Pentinel" he hands E'nak the parchment. "I also have a spare horse for you. I am but an old man with little time left. So i have no need for her anymore." He whistled and from the erroded tunnels came a Bay horse galloping.

"A Bay horse is known for its speed. Though it has very thin skin.." the old man handed the khajiit a set of dark leather armor and a black cloak along with a few provisions and a handmade elven dagger. "Dress youself. They will be searching for a khajiit merchant" E'nak found this strange. "What do you know about me?" He asked hesitantly. The old man smiled and simply replied "why els would you look like you do?" E'nak shrugged off the subject.

After changing his clothing he greeted the old man. Looking around he saw the horse waiting for him at the end of the tunnels. "Hold on" said the old man. "I have one last thing to give you. It may not be a weapon that is custom to tamriel but it wont have any use with me." the old man hands him a basket-hilted rapier. "This is weapon was once a contender to be added to armies as silver classed weapons. Though its not used, its still a good weapon for someone like you." With that E'nak thanked the old man and headed for where the horsr waited