NINE: SHOELESS, RESTLESS AND LOVELESS,

RECAP

"Oh god. What just happened?" Eddie blinked in shock. Did a girl just invite him to a party? Eddie could hardly believe it, this was a first for him.

Richie winked in response, nudging him cheekily in the side. "Yowza! My baby gets some!" he all but whooped in Eddie's ear, tone caught between proud and teasing. Eddie nervously smiled back, still unsure what to make of the situation.

"Come on, 'Chee—"

"Eddie won't be alone with his right hand forever," Richie interrupted Eddie, leaning over the smaller boy to excitedly say to Heather. Heather, all together, appeared amused.

Eddie groaned. He hated that Richie made it like this, every time. "Incorrect, Richard," he pushed Richie with a punch to his arm. "I'm left handed, dick."

     "You got me there, sweetheart."

MONDAY 8th OCTOBER, 19933:43 PM — The Kissing Bridge

3:43 PM — The Kissing Bridge

EDDIE WAS SCREWED. Royally, outrageously, horrendously screwed; dumped on the side of the road with a fresh bout of anger in his heart. Besides the fact that his mother is going to have a hernia when he gets home, late, he'd screwed up one of the only good things he had.

"God. Fucking. Dammit." With each word Eddie emphasized, he whacked his shoes on the slats of the bridge, channeling his rage into the ugly comments carved into the wood.

He continued this outburst until he missed the wood, his shoe catching in between one of the gaps. He tugged, and tugged, and grumbled along with that. Because, of course, Eddie's shoe then tumbled into the canal below as he only managed to wrench his foot from his shoe out of the gap.

Now his mum truly was going to have a hernia, and Eddie thought he might too, what with the scream he let out.

Let's go back to the start, why don't we?

MONDAY 8th OCTOBER, 1993
3:30 PM — Derry High School carpark

 Ever since lunch, Eddie felt indefinitely better about everything. He'd apologised to Heather, she'd forgiven him, Richie stopped being an egotistical ass, and he'd been invited to a bonfire! So, why did he still have a sinking feeling in his gut?

 What else was he supposed to do to get rid of this? Maybe he couldn't. . .maybe he was sick, or dying with some terminal illness and he was confusing the twisted feeling in his gut for something his mind had created?!