5 - Her wrong move

MJ's POV

Holy shiz. Am I actually kissing Peter Parker? What's gotten into me? Why did I want to kiss him? Why did he kiss me back?

Cut the crap, Michelle Jones. You've always been obsessed with this boy cause you like him.

Am I really talking to myself right now?

Yes, cause you're always so denial. You deny that you practically stalk that loser, and you deny that you do that cause he's your loser.

And what's 'my loser' supposed to mean?

You like him, dimwit. You're a really smart girl and all but...this time you're actually stupid cause you didn't realize it.

Gee, thanks.

Looks like you're both enjoying the kiss.

Shut up.

I'll be back soon.

I finally broke away from the kiss, when I stopped talking to myself. I was blushing really hard, and I looked up to see Peter blushing hard as well. Great. Now things will be awkward between us. And he's my best friend.

"Okay, has my two best friends always liked each other but never even told me?" Ned suddenly said, and I smiled awkwardly at him.

"I, uh...it was sort of a heat of the moment thing and...yeah, that'll never happen again." For a split second, I saw hurt flash across Peter's eyes at the corner of my eye, but he quickly hid it.

"And besides, since when have we been best friends?"

"Oh, I don't know. Do I need to remind you that when Peter wasn't around, you and I were always talking?" He said, making me roll my eyes.

"You guys talk when I'm not around?" Peter butted in, but I couldn't even look at him. Ned just nodded.

"Michelle just kissed Peter! I ship it, too!" Some random guy said. Who the fu--

"PICHELLE! PICHELLE! PICHELLE! PICHELLE!" One by one, people started chanting 'Pichelle', which was apparently Peter and I's ship name. What have I gotten myself into?

Peter's POV

I couldn't handle all the chanting anymore, so I grabbed MJ's hand, and called Ned to follow us outside the cafeteria.

"You okay, Peter?" Ned asked, once we were finally outside. I was sort of angry at MJ for what she did, but I won't deny that I felt something when we kissed. I liked it, but I feel like there was more to that. Something I can't put my finger on.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I exclaimed to MJ, and she looked down, guilt flashing across her face.

"I'm sorry. I was mad at Flash and wanted to stand up to you, but when he said the thing about the kiss...I snapped, and did something that I didn't even think through. I regret it." She regrets it? She kissed me and she regrets it? That kiss didn't mean anything to her at all?

"So you're saying that even though you're the one who kissed me, you regret it and it doesn't mean anything to you?" I asked, trying not to sound too hurt. I actually felt hurt at the thought of how she felt nothing after the kiss, but I tried hiding it.

"I didn't say that! I mean, it was a heat of the moment thing, but I never said it meant nothing! I just...regret having to do it?" She said, like it was some sort of question, while I shook my head at her.

"Wait a minute--" I started, but she cut me off.

"Can we please just make sure that nothing gets awkward between us? I really like you--as a friend! Friend, yeah, I like having you as a friend." Once again, I felt hurt. Hearing her say that word. Friend. Was I just friendzoned by someone I don't even like? Is that even considered being friendzoned?

"Okay, I guess." I answered with a shrug, still feeling weird and confused about the situation.

A/N: I don't know what's going on in this story either. Seriously. What the shuck is happening? Dang. Just kidding, I know exactly what's gonna happen. And I need to tell you guys that events from Infinity War will be included in this story, so if you don't want spoilers, then maybe it'd be better that you didn't read this any further, unless you've watched it or you're okay with the spoilers (Am I actually telling people not to read my book? What...) So, um...yeah! Thanks for reading! Comment and vote if you want to!