one

{edited}

You told me you would give me ten bucks today, remember?  That replays in my mind for hours on end as I fight back the tears. I'm trying to remember, I really am! 

But I can't.

I replay the memories of yesterday but nothing pops up. Maybe I really did forget. Dang it, now I owe Meghan ten dollars. For what? I don't know, I will ask her though. Now I just have to find some money. I'll just take it from mom, I'm sure she wont mind. A ear-piercing ring struck through the room, indicating that its time for me to get up and get ready for school. I slapped the small clock on my bedside table and sat up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. 

When I walked out of my room into the kitchen, there was a note on the counter. Have a good day at school, honey! I will be out of town for a few hours, take care of yourself please! <3 The writing was in my moms handwriting and I sigh as I turn towards the coffee machine. I put a cup under the opening and put in a K-cup, starting the machine and rushing back to my room.

I grabbed an outfit for today and put it on in a matter of seconds. I forgot where mom was going, I think to myself as I am lacing up my sneakers. I put that thought on the back burner and start towards the kitchen, grabbing my phone on the way out of my room. 

The smell of french vanilla that covers the room indicates that the coffee is done. I pick up my backpack off the kitchen table, grabbed the coffee creamer out of the fridge and poured it into my coffee all while juggling the cup, my bag that is slipping off of my left shoulder, and the refrigerator door. Once everything was put away, I started to walk towards the front door. But then i stopped myself.

Wheres my phone? I think to myself. I start towards my room when I felt it buzz in my pocket. 

I sigh and walk back out to the door, grabbing my keys and leaving.

I scrolled through my music library, looking for something good to listen to when a large body collided with my small frame. "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I bent down to grab my phone that had disconnected from my earbuds during the collision, but the tall boy had beat me do it. When we both stood up and locked eyes, his blue orbs lit up. "Hey," he exclaimed, handing me my phone that had a small spiderweb-like crack on the top left corner of the screen. "Long time no see, dude!" 

The boy looked down at my phone that was still in his hands and his bubbly expression dissipated. "Oh my gosh! I'm sorry. I really should've seen where I was going, I'll pay for a new screen." He panicked and I laughed.

"Hey, its alright. It's tiny, it doesn't bother me." I said as I pulled my backpack further up my shoulder into a more comfortable position.  

He sighed and started fidgeting with his hands. "It bothers me. I'm so stupid." His fidgeting turned into him rubbing the back of his neck and then his hands went to his face, pulling the skin around his eyes back, making him look asian. "Ah, you idgeot." he mumbled to himself. 

I put my hand on his shoulder and he stoped his little panic fit. "Honestly, its alright." I said, giving him a sweet smile. "But anyways, do I know you?" 

Slowly his face mirrored my expression for a slight second, but then it changed suddenly like something hit him. "Oh! That right," he stared with slight sadness in his voice. "Im Tanner, we met in like sophomore year when Administration sent me to the principles office for 'handling items like deadly weapons during lunch." He chuckled. As he was telling his story, I was searching my brain for any memory of him whatsoever. Its like theres one there, like i know who he is, but its cloudy. "But lets be real, that kids pizza deserved my Styrofoam tray sword." Now he's laughing. 

Just to make the confrontation a little bit easier on both of us, I agreed with remembering who he was, but only the slightest. He ran his hand through his curly blonde hair and smiled just as the bell rung. "Oh, dang. Guess that means we have to go to class. Want me to walk you?" He asked me, I agreed. "Luckily I know where your third period is." The tall boy said with a wink and a smirk. I shot him a confused look and laughed. "Oh wait, no we have third period together." 

We both laughed and with that, we walked in silence to class.