"i'm peter, peter parker." peter lended his hand out to india's older brother.

"titus, india's brother." titus flashes peter a smile and he then left to his bedroom.

"i almost peed my pants." peter finally says and they both erupt in laughter. "my brother is the least bit scary." india assured.

as the daylight went away and the night grew over queens, new york, india and peter had nearly finished their project.

"i love power-point more than anything." india spoke and peter drank his soda.

titus then emerged from his room.

"i got called into work. peter, it was nice meeting you but if my sister is no longer a virgin whenever i get back home i'm gonna cut you." titus buttoned his shirt in a rush and immediately peter chocked on his soda.

"titus, what the hell!" india shoved him.

"bye indy, love you!" titus was then out the door and india's cheeks were red with embarrassment.

"i am so sorry about him oh my gosh." india locked her front door after her brother left.

"it's okay, i'm sorry i spit soda everywhere." peter grabbed napkins to clean his mess. india got on her knees to help peter out with the mess.

"hey india, can i ask you somethin'?"

india looked up at peter and nodded her head.

"your parents care that we're here alone?"

india's expression changed completely.

"n-no, um, t-they aren't, um. they aren't here." india stumbled her words and proceeded to clean her living room floor.

"oh, well, where are they?"

"you should leave." india suggested.

peter then stood in front of india so she'd go nowhere else. "i know i haven't known you that long, but you can tell me anything. that's what friends are for."

"not once have i said i wanted to be your friend." india moved peter.

peter spun india around and they were extremely close at this point.

"i saved you from school jocks twice already. you know my deepest and not so dark secret, we're friends india."

india looked down and sat on her couch.

FLASHBACK

"india! run! i know you're scared but we will die if we stay here!"

"india! please run!"

buildings were falling, machines from the sky roamed the city as the avengers continued to take them down.

"honey, look at me! run with titus and we'll be right behind you two. we'll always be right behind you."

india's mother and father waited for their young daughter to run across the very unsteady piece of infrastructure.

india and titus had finally made it across the beam of what was once a building that they were in.

in an instant, as india's mother and father were about to cross the beam, a giant chunk of building cement had fallen directly on them.

"NO!"

END OF FLASHBACK

"i'm really sorry, india." peter felt slightly bad for pressuring her into telling him, but he sympathized with her.

"my parents died too, about 10 years ago."

india tried so hard not to cry.

"i'm sorry to hear that peter." india hadn't known that her and peter both went through the same thing.

"i know deep down it's not the avengers fault. they did what they could, they did save a lot of people. if they hadn't been there to help, titus and i would probably be dead too. all of new york, if not more would be gone."

peter didn't want to come out and say he agreed, he just nodded.

peter then walked to india and held his hand out.

india looked up and down at peter, not knowing what he wanted.

he led the young girl outside to the balcony and asked that she closed her eyes.

"it's important that you hold onto me." peter says last.

"wh-

and before india knew, she was off into the air with peter parker.

peter swung left, right, up and down.

india then admitted to herself how much fun it was to be scaling the new york city buildings in the middle of the night with her history partner.

"you're insane peter parker!" india screamed over the loud winds hitting her. she smiled and laughed, as she had not felt that kind of happiness in a very long time.