Chapter 5: Don't Wake Me Just Yet

Zacznij od początku

If looks could kill, the glare Ookurikara sent in their direction would've slaughtered them in milliseconds. Mizu shifts a little, groaning. Mikazuki's eyes glittered with a smirk. 

"Let's give the two touken danshis some privacy, shall we?" Mikazuki was in dangerous waters now. 

Monoyoshi smiles, laughing lightly. They quickly exit, Iwatooshi, Ishikirimaru, and Monoyoshi conversing in low voices. Mikazuki smiles, feeling his heart settling more. At last, aruji-san has gotten something to hold onto.

Ookurikara sits up, gently freeing himself from Mizu's arms. Mizu mumbles and shifts.

"I don't want to move..."

Ookurikara lays her back down, slowly exiting the room. When he closes the shoji, he comes face to face with the government official from last night. She marks something down on that damn clipboard of hers.

"What do you want?" He snaps.

"I need to speak with miss Gekkou," she informs him.

Miss Gekkou? Ookurikara stares at the official, who cleans her glasses impatiently with a square cloth. 

"Don't you mean mister Gekkou?" Ookurikara hisses. "And by the way, he is sleeping."

The shoji slides open and Mizu pokes her head out, her face having regained some of its' color. The woman slides on her glasses, pulling out her pencil. Mizu looks over at Ookurikara and her face turns red. The woman strides inside, smirking. Mizu grabs the collar of Ookurikara's shirt and pulls him in.

"Who are you, Mizu ni Gekkou?" Ookurikara meets her gaze, but he already begins to figure out the answer. 

Taikogane stretches, wearing his usual flashy attire. He joins his two brothers Monoyoshi and Kikkou on the veranda, greeting each other cheerfully. 

"How's Mizu coming along?" Taikogane inquires. 

"Very fortunately," Monoyoshi chuckles. "He seems to be recovering well."

"Did you happen to see aruji-san?" Kikkou inquires the wakizashi hopefully.

"I did not," Monoyoshi confesses. 

"Hm. I hope aruji-san is okay; she's really cool," Taikogane folds his arms behind his head. "I really enjoy playing chess with her. Aruji-sama is really incredible at it as well."

"I simply enjoy being in her presence," Kikkou smiles.

"She is a usually pretty happy sage," Monoyoshi adds.

The three Sadamunes share a heartfelt moment. The morning sun held warmth and newfound hope. Kikkou shifts his glasses back up his nose, humming to himself. Taikogane is smiling, wishing for this feeling to last, and for the rest of the citadel to be even more lively. Unfortunately, even Monoyoshi's good fortune couldn't keep the rest of the day like this. 

The creature pins the saniwa's arms to their sides. They struggle to move, desperately attempting to free themself. 

"Finally," the kebiishi grins, glowing. "Your abilities can no longer overpower mine!" 

Mizu tilts her head up to Ookurikara, eyes showered with guilt. Ookurikara stares at her with a hard and calculative gaze. 

"I'm sorry, Ookurikara. Since I have no memory of my past, I have no recollection of my smith, or why I'm like this, but that doesn't mean I don't get glimpses of my time in the ocean," she explains. 

"Don't apologize," he states. "I understand why, but that doesn't mean it's not a shock."

"Wait––" the official cuts in––"you didn't know that she is a female sword warrior?"

Mizu turns to glower at the government official, clenching her fists. Before Mizu could try and lash out, Yagen slams open the shoji, panting.

"Aruji-sama is awake," he pants. "But they're possessed by a kebiishi."

A/N: Hahahaaa I just realized that I've been writing chapters but not typing them up into Wattpad and publishing them. I'm sorry, but I'm probably going to make you guys suffer in angst for a week until I publish chapter 6. Special shoutout to my lovely beta reader, toukenranbuswordboys on Tumblr!