To Have Loved Then Not At All

(Roger x Reader x Rayleigh)

"Now. Tell me. Why are we seeing the old man again?" You cocked a brow.

Sitting on his back. Rayleigh swam to both of you to a ship sailing off on the horizon. The both of you men have grown old. Both ex Roger pirates. Both still dear to Newgate.

Your hair pulled back into a silver ponytail. Large gold frames sat on your nose. But you still had the same bite you did when you were younger.

"Ah. I forgot you can't talk with your mouth full like that." You rumbled.

You felt a glare to the back of your head. Rumbling softly you sat taller looking to the vast sea behind you.

Once the two of you got to the ship Rayleigh put you on his shoulders before a ladder dropped over the railing. You headed up first before Rayleigh followed after you. His hand occasionally assaulted your rear. Along with his nose. He'd rumble as you hurried to the deck of the ship.

The two of you were greeted by the Whitebeard Pirates. The infamous son's and the old man that sat on his thrown.

"What do you old geasers want?" Newgate grunted. 

"Relax ol man. We're just here to talk. We ain't enemies anymore." Rayleigh chuckled.

To be honest, you didn't know why Rayleigh brought you here anyway. He just said, 'Let's go on an adventure.' And. Now here you are.
Newgate's eyes narrowed to you as you had the same curiosity he held. His eyes followed back to Rayleigh.

"So be it." Newgate spoke.

And so a party was held. The son's pulled booze from all corners of the ship. Rayleigh and you sat with Newgate talking. Sharing booze, and having a good time.

"I see you've chose to remarry." Newgate spoke.

You perked up to him, then to the silver on your finger.

"Eh. He would of wanted me to be happy." You smiled.

Rayleigh chuckled taking your hand and kissing your palm. He looked up to Newgate holding your hand.

"You and I both know I came here for one thing. I'd like to see the boy."

Newgate's gaze narrowed. While you furrowed turning to Rayleigh. Your eyes looked in his for an answer. But they wouldn't reveal this secret. Newgate pursed his lips before turning to Marco.

"Where's your brother?"

You turned to the crowd of boys. Marco pushed through them while it slowly grew quiet. Rayleigh took your hand earning your attention.

"(Y/N) there is something I have to tell you."

It was Roger's final death wish. To have him watch over you. Knowing Rayleigh loved you the same as he did.

Rayleigh then took you away. He hid you away at Saboady. Where you were cut from the outside world and into a small home outside of the town. Where you grieved over your lovers death. You knew nothing of anything after that.

Not even.

Ace.

"Roger loved you to death. You and I both know that." Rayleigh spoke.

You furrowed as your eyes focused to his deep blue. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Roger had a son."

Your eyes widened as Rayleigh clutched your hand.

"He met Rouge before he met you. He loved you both. He told me to ever tell you of him but. This is an exception."

Marco stepped up to the two of you. Slowly turning your head your eyes made contact with. Him. The spitting image of his father. The boy rubbed his eyes as he had awoken from a nap.

"Roger." You muttered.

Slowly standing. Your eyes kept to the young man. Rayleigh stood with you. While both of your eyes looked to the seed of the pirate king.

"Oi. I don't want nothing to do with that man." He hissed.

You furrowed before stepping up to him. Where you gripped his face looking into his deep brown eyes. They held the same adventure and life as his father before him held.

"Roger. Your still with us." You muttered.

"Ace. My name is Ace." He batted away your hands.

"Gol D. Ace?"

Ace shook his head.

"Portgas." He huffed.

"You really are your father's son aren't you?"

"I told you old man. I want nothing to do with that man! I hate him!"

That struck you. Harder. Your chest hurt. A harsh pain went through your arm. The world began to flash around you. As you slumped to the deck of the ship.

Roger opened his eyes as he looked to you. You slowly opened your eyes looking to him. You pulled your hands away from his head.

"Well. What did you see?" You asked.

He gave you his signature grin.

"Ah. (Y/N). I just saw our happily ever after."

You smiled softly.

"I hope so. Now. Get to sleep. You have to feel better." You said.

"Yes dear." He chuckled.

You kissed him softly before heading out if the room. Roger frowned waiting a minute before crawling out of bed. He snuck out of the room and across the hall. Rayleigh perked up from his book to Roger.

"Captain?" Rayleigh cocked a brow.

"Rayleigh. I need you to do me a final death wish."