A Great Night

{Emilia's Point of View}

Ian's eyes had a look to them I couldn't quite place. We had both stopped dancing and were facing each other. All shyness had melted away, and I was fully enjoying myself. Maybe I should go out more often, I do love to dance. The realization that we were both still standing there hit me. Ian started to lean down. Shit he's going to kiss me!

I turned my head to the side and grabbed his hand to lead him to the bar. Situation semi-smoothly avoided, but I could probably crawl under a rock if he asked me about it once we found a spot at the bar.

"Need another drink?" Ian asked, hopefully he won't ask anything more.

"Yeah I'll just have a water. I'm so thirsty from dancing, and I'm not a huge drinker anyway." I replied. He smiled and nodded, seeming to take my excuse for dodging him. All of the sudden I felt four arms grab ahold of me as two bodies roughly bumped into me. Anne and Hope almost stupid drunk.

"Hey babe it's almost 2:30, you ready to head back or what?" Hope slurred. Thankfully she released me and went back to hanging around Tim's neck. Anne was nothing but a giggling mess.

"I'm ready when y'all are. Just let me get a water to go." I told her.

"I swear you're not going to get hungover off of one beer!" Anne said between giggles. This caused Hope to giggle along too.

"Where do y'all live? I can take you back and help if you need." Ian told me. I would really appreciate it, but I don't think Anne and Hope would be too big of a problem. As long as they don't start to vomit on the way back, we can make it through the night.

"I know Dex and Tim are coming back to our place! Ian, you should keep Emilia company tonight!" Anne screamed at Ian and I like she had the most brilliant ideas in the world.

"That's cool with me, if she doesn't mind." Ian said before I could say no. We both looked at each other and I felt obligated to go along with Anne's plan. Ian and I were the only people in our group to not stumble out the bar. Dex and Tim were trying to herd Hope and Anne out into the fresh night air. It felt so much better outside, instantly relieving my hot skin.

"Are we waiting on a cab or are we walking?" Tim asked Hope. Hope was leaning against the side of the building with her eyes closed. I knew what was coming, and I thought we were going to make it.

"Babe I don't care. I just...don't....," Hope mumbled before she turned away from us and got sick. Tim cursed under his breath and went to hold her so she wouldn't fall face first into the ground. "Much better," Hope mumbled after leaning back up. She opened her eyes to look at Tim, and smiled.

"Where do y'all live?" I asked Ian quickly before there's another possible episode.

"Literally around the corner above a pizza shop." Ian was catching on to what I was thinking.

"Pizza sounds so good!" Anne drawled out. "Let's get pizza Dex!"

"You two get these girls to the apartment. Emilia and I will grab a couple of pies," Ian explained while headed in the direction of the place. He wasn't kidding when he said he lived around the corner. It was less than a ten minute walk and we rounded a corner and saw the neon lights of the open sign that was our saving grace. My stomach growled loudly at this point. Thankfully it wasn't heard by anyone.