Finding Your Courage

"Alright, I'll be right back (Y/N)! Try not to miss me too much!" Gold grins as he sprints back into the woods with his Typhosion. "Typhlo!"

You sigh at his antics, but smile nonetheless. What a naive, innocent, childish... funny, strong, loving guy. He really has no idea about your feelings, does he? Well, it's not your fault that you're in love with an idiot.

As if sensing your longing, Silver butts in. "He won't know unless you write your feelings down..." Wow... You stare at him in shock while he talks. Is Silver actually being helpful?! "On a rock, and beat him in the head with it. Repeatedly."

You sigh again deeply.

"How did you know what I was thinking about?" You ask, a little surprised. Only a little though, because Silver always seems to know everything. "Well, it's been... what? Two minutes? And you've sighed at least fifty times. That's a tell-tale sign of loovvee problems." He taunts, and pokes your bright red face. "Plus, you're biting your lip like crazy. That's an unsanitary nervous habit..."

"Shut up." You tilt your head down like a guilty puppy, pretending to look at your shoes, but really trying to hide your embarrassment.

"Oh, don't be like that." Silver finally lets up. He might be a grumpy guy, but when it comes down to it he's your best friend. You look up at his steady metallic eyes with a pout. "I'm hopeless, aren't I?" The redhead tries to comfort you. "Well, yes."

"Wow. Thanks for being a friend." Surprised at his response, you punch his arm. Silver cradles his abused limb. "Hey! Watch it! You didn't let me finish. I was going to say 'Just as hopeless as he is.' Let me finish next time..."

You giggle as you think about his comment, staring into the campfire flames that you and Silver are seated in front of. You lean your head on your best friend's shoulder. As long as you're as hopeless as Gold... You think to yourself, and the licks of the warm yellow camp-fire flames remind you of his eyes.

"You're a Pokemon Trainer?!" A boy with gold eyes questioned you excitedly, grinning at the Pokeballs strapped to your waist. "Tck. You're a Pokemon Trainer?" A second, red-headed boy, scoffed using different emphasis on the same words. You were always shy, and the sudden attention on you (from two extremely attractive guys, mind you) made you blush in discomfort.

You only nod meekly in response. Mentally kicking yourself, you noticed that you weren't being the confident trainer your Pokemon deserved... If only. "Alright!" The one with golden eyes pumped his fist in the air. "Of course you are. I'm sure you're great... Let's battle! One on one! Explotaro, go!" You took hold of a Pokeball at your waist. Confidence. Come on, this kid is practically showing you how! "Corrie, s-show these guys we're serious!'

"Tck. A Corsola? Well, it is a water Pokemon... a stupid one at that." The ginger mumbled the last part, and you gritted your teeth.

"Hm, what's that? ... Corsola? It won't stand a chance against us, even if it's a water Pokemon! Exbo, defense curl, then flame wheel! Now!" Your driven foe ordered. He still thinks he can win against a water and rock type? Not even that... He's sure he can win. You stared in awe at the self-confidence you envied, which flickered in the boy's golden eyes without hesitation. Then you remembered the battle.

"Quick, Corrie! While he's using Defense Curl, Bubble Beam!" Your Corsola sucked in as much air as it could into its small body, and when the Quilava revved up its engines and came rolling over in a wheel of flames, Corrie exhaled a barrage of bubbles. They extinguished the flame, and the fire Pokemon cringed in pain. You might have been meek, but in battle you were a feared warrior. "Good job, Corrie!" You cheered, then caught a glimpse of your foe.