Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

“Oh, I’ll make sure you don’t forget.” Grange growled before covering her mouth with his. The kiss was hungry and desperate.

The wolf and man in him had been too long without his mate and was eager to claim her yet again. To feel his body and hers joined together and moving as one.

They were both still dirty, though someone had cleaned away the blood while they’d been sleeping and their bodies and muscles were sore but those things were forgotten as Grange flipped Dawn onto her back and covered her body with his.

He lowered his mouth to her breast and closed his lips around the tight peak before pulling away with an angry growl when a knock came to the door.

“What?!” he snapped as Dawn rose up and nibbled at his neck.

“I take it you’re both awake?” Nickolai’s voice came through the heavy wooden door. Grange looked at his reflection in the gilded mirror above the dresser across from them and nodded.

“That would be a pretty safe guess. Now leave.” he replied gruffly and Dawn laughed lightly, her breath teasing his skin and setting his blood on fire.

“Actually, Brie wanted to check your wounds…..” Nickolai replied and Grange shook his head.

“We’re fine. Is everyone else okay?”

“Yes everyone is fine. Grange…..”

“Go away, Nickolai! If you don’t I’ll be forced to kill you.”

“There are some things that require your attention…” Nickolai countered and Grange would be damned if he didn’t hear amusement in the other man’s voice.

“Dammit, Nickolai!” Dawn suddenly yelled out, startling laughter out of Grange. “The man said it can wait!”

“Yes ma’am.” Nickolai replied with a chuckle and then they heard his footsteps disappear down the hallway.

“Well you took care of him.” Grange said approvingly and Dawn smiled as she wrapped her arms loosely around his neck.

“I know how to play the alpha female role when I need to.” she replied. Grange grinned.

“Is that right?” Dawn bit her lip and then shifting her weight, flipping Grange onto his back and settling down on top of him. His shocked expression quickly turned to a hungry one and Dawn smiled as she pressed her lips against his ear.

“Yes, that’s right.”

***

Grange and Dawn made love hungrily and then washed each others bodies with water from a tub beside the bed. This of course stirred their passions once again and this time the lovemaking was slow and tender.

When they finally dressed, (in clothes that someone had laid out while they’d been sleeping), and followed the scent of the pack downstairs and into a kitchen, they were both so hungry that they attacked the bread, ham, cheese and grapes lying on the table.

“Worked up an appetite, did you?” Trig asked as he tilted his head and grinned. Dawn smiled.

“You’re looking much less twitchy.”

“Well thank you.” Trig replied and then he closed the distance between them and wrapped her in a tight hug. “Am I damn glad to see you again.”

“I’m glad to see you too.” Dawn admitted, hugging him back. Then she noticed the four unfamiliar people in the kitchen with them. She scented the air and realized they were all wolves. Three men and a woman. They were all on the skinny side though Dawn was sure they looked much better than they had…. How many days ago?