I wasn't the only one who thought that as Garrett stated "You lost the Eleven years war." and I watched their reactions, Liam, his mate and the last coven member who was my age.

    "Aye but it was one hell of a rebellion." he cheered and I laughed, everyone came around to share war stories. It was one hell of a group.

________________________________

        The next day we stood in the field

The next day we stood in the field. I stood on my own, shortly behind Bella, Edward and Renesmee. Jake was with the other wolves. Soon the Volturi came, the entire Guard with them. Aro Caius and Marcus made their way to the front. Jane and Alec were a few feet behind them, Irina in tow. She was shocked to see her coven here.

    I heard a wolf howl, earning a few surprised looks from the guard

    I heard a wolf howl, earning a few surprised looks from the guard. The wolves came into view snarling and howling, weaving their way into our group. Seth went to Renesmee as Jake came to me. I didn't take my eye off the Volturi, or loosen my tense figure.

    If Jacob got hurt, I would rip Aro's head from his body and light a fire so big it would match his red eyes

    If Jacob got hurt, I would rip Aro's head from his body and light a fire so big it would match his red eyes. I watched Aro take off his hood, I saw Demetri and Felix look to me, after all Demetri and I had had a fling early on, though it meant nothing but he and I had been the closest. I give him a stony look that he returns. Everyone took off their hoods as well.

    We stood a few hundred feet apart, but with our hearing we would be fine. Even the wolves could hear all of it. The Volturi outnumbered us by a great deal. I shot my gaze to Carlisle as he went up to the head of the group, knowing it was his place to speak as our Coven leader.

"Aro. Let us discuss things as we used to. Civilized." he greeted, attempting to diffuse the hostile air.

    "Fair words Carlisle. But a little out of place with the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro assumed, it was a bit of a battalion, but we said we were going to use them as witnesses, which I hope we did because I did not want to fight against Jane. As long as Renesmee was accepted, we would all be fine.

    "I promise you, that was never my intent." Carlisle assured and Aro didn't seem to believe him, "No laws have been broken." Carlisle informed him and Caius cocked his head angrily.

    "We see the child, do not treat us as fools." Caius spat and I harshened my gaze on the blond idiot. He and all his little guard members were fools. For ever believing in or following Aro.

    This seemed to set Carlisle off as he announced, the only anger I had ever seen in him, "She is not an immortal!" he looked at all the guard before turning to Renesmee and everyone, "These witnesses can attest to that." he faced Aro suggesting "Or you can look." he gestured to my young niece, "See the flesh and human blood in her cheeks.".

    "Artifice!" Caius yells out, angered at the thought he was wrong, which he almost always was but Aro was in control as he raised his hand to calm his friend.

    "I will collect every facet of the truth." Aro announced as he looked to me, then Edward. "From someone more central to the story. Edward. As the child clings to your newborn mate. I assume you are involved." he takes a few steps forward, raising his hand showing Edward what he wants, to read his mind.

    Edward made his way over, saying goodbye to Renesmee who made her way between Seth and Bella. Bella, who had apparently found her power seemed upset.

But Edward finally reached Aro, who took his hand. He seemed amazed as he looked to the sky. Then his face fell, realizing what this meant. "I'd like to reassure the circumstances." Aro murmured as Edwards hand dropped, I stiffened as Aro looked to me. "Katherine?". I knew it was made to be a question, but it was really a demand.