“ For fucks sake Red, what the hell are you following me for?” Red accepts his defeat by straightening his back and muttering under his breath. He confronts me face to face.

“Ven somethings seriously up with you, i followed you to see what kind of shit is going on. You’re on edge and i need to know why, i’m going to figure it out whether you like it or not.”

I raise an eyebrow before i laugh. Red recoils in confusion, he opens his mouth to say something but i laugh harder.

“You follow me like a shitty predatory stalker when you could have just asked me you Jackass.” I grip my stomach in pain as my diaphram begins to cramp, my laughter begins to annoy Red.

“Could have asked you?! I fucking did! You blew me off!” At this point i have lost all my ability to contain myself and i slap my hand onto Reds shoulder to regain my balance. Reds anger gets the best of him; he throws me off of him and i fall to the floor, the last thing i see before i start to cry out of laughter is his tail as he leaves the room. My phone buzzes and i wipe a tear away while i see the notifications.

Missed call - Abe

Text message from - Abe

“Hey sweetheart, come to the library soon ok?”

I furrowed my brows, Abe never calls unless its serious. My anxiety spiked; i unfurled my wings and flew through the BRPD beyond light speed. My heart was pounding but what i saw when i opened the oak doors made it stop.

Before me stood a warning.

“Lazarius.” my voice sounded fragile as i cracked on the last syllable of his name. My best friend, the Even god of Life stood before me encased in stone. Tears slid down my face as i touch what remains of my friend in life, and my brother in arms.My friend through the millions of years i have been alive, he has seen my worst and has fought beside me and cheered me on during my best. His face showed anguish, pain, and betrayal as he was screaming out for help. The fire, the death, that moment flashed before my eyes again but what filled me now was strength and power. I saw a path, a warning, and i saw my future. Before me sands one of my kind locked in stone for eternity but in the mix of my tears and my mourning, stands my resolution. As a god it is my duty to protect, and i will bring war in my wake when the time comes.

My hand comes to touch the rough stone that encompasses my friend, My eyes flicker yellow with my aura; the next breath i take steadies my shoulders as i see my past. I see my family, brothers and sisters, there faces all pass in a flurry of motion. I see children, women. The men i served beside and the same men who fought under my command. I hear there laughter and mirth, memories flood through me one by one and i can smell Le’thalin. I remember the training i had with Lazarius, the fun i had as a child at the banquets and festivals with my sisters. Come what may, i will avenge those who fell to the wolf. My left hand crackles and snaps while i struggle to contain my aura through the emotions that fuel my drive. The time will com Fen Her’al, You will fall.

“Ven? Are you alright?” Abe rests a hand on my lower back. I release a breath i have been holding and i turn to face him. My face is calm, resolute, and gentle. My tears have dried and i share my emotions with abe in my expression.

“The Dread Wolf is close.” Abe nods and pulls me in close to him.

“I believe in you Ven.” I smile into the crook of is neck and breath in his scent. We share a moment held in each other's embrace, Abe speaks again.

“ Do you know how close he is?” I pull away from him as i concentrate on tracking Fen Her’als aura, mine my own glowing pale as i exert myself.

“There’s traces on him still left here, but as for following him… He’s a predator, he knows how to mask his own scent. For all i know he could be in the same room as us.” Abes facial expression is grave, he scans the room though we both know how pointless it is. He stops himself and shakes his head, a sigh shakes his body and i slid my hands from his shoulder onto his chest. We both look into eachothers eyes, sharing the same emotions, worry and guilt. We both know how important it is to involve the team, or you know, tell the entire BRPD that they’re in danger. My eyes flicker downwards as the weight on my shoulder make a reappearance, i'm putting everyone in danger by keeping them in the dark.

“Ven, talk to me.” I find reassurance in Abes eyes, i pull completely away from him and walk towards the elven history book.

“The Dread Wolf has the power to lock away an entire Elven goddom. Taking out a couple humans would be nothing for him.I saw his destroy Le’thalin, i saw hundreds of people reduced to ash and i was powerless. Whos to say the same thing won't happen here. He won’t stop until in dead Abe, we both know that. “ I flip open the book, the signs are staring me in the face when the first page i see in a picture of Fen Her’al. I’d be an idiot to ignore everything, hell- my best friend is seven feet away from me encassed in stone.

“We need to get Lazarius out of here.” It seems i caught Abe before he was about to speak because when i look back, his jaw was still open as he turned to look at the statue. I smile ironically, turning back t the book i flip to Lazarius’ page. His main picture was a drawing of him sitting in the council of 5 with me sitting next to him. The 5 top tier gods sat together to rule Le’thalin as a democratic council…. I can definitely remember how much me and Lazarius hated politics. We snuck out from the political training when we were younger to find rotten apples and throw them at things. As kids we were definitely both assholes, never did we have a day that we didn't have fun at someone else's expense; i honestly don’t remember how many times we got scolded together. The memories are fond, i flip the page and see us together - drunk off of our asses at a our inauguration festival. I laugh as a tear slips down my face - that night be both passed out near the ravine outside of the festival grounds and woke up to a Hart pissing on my back. Best time of my life. Abes arm comes around me.

“Tell me about him.” I smile whilst leaning into him.

“He was my best friend, we always did stupid things together, skipped our duties, made fun of other people, we even threw apples at a guy once.” Abe laughs and i continue.

“We were always there for eachother, no matter the time or the place, he was always there.” I look at Lazarius.

“He needed me and i was to weak to even stand.” My face turns solemn.

“ It’s my job to protect my people, that was the only reason i was born. Now i stand as the last true elven god alongside a traitor.” Abe doesn’t respond - he knows i’m right. His right hand reaches around me and he flips the pages back to the Dread Wolf. He keeps turning until he reaches a detailed description about his aura. He reads some of the page until he reaches a word he doesn’t understand. Before he can ask i help him.

“ It means pestilence or organic death. Its his aura type, so if i wasn’t such a strong God, i wouldnt be able to get anywhere near him without my kidneys failing and my stomach convulsing.” Abe flinches and i laugh lightly.

“Yeah.” silence swallows the room, i take another look at Lazarius - trying to figure out a way to properly send him away. I need to give him a burial, something to say goodbye, but a voice in the back of my head begs me not to. He was your best friend, someone who protected you every time you needed it, I should be able to find a way to bring him back. There should be no excuse, he is the god of life - he needs to live. My vision blurs as i lose myself in my thoughts, guilt consumes me as i think of what i could have done to save Lazarius.