Volume 1: The Hebrewakening

Herman was tired of the Jew jokes. Actually, she didn't care too much, but she needed some excuse for what she was about to do.

She sat across the table from Benjamin, slowly and delicately biting into a blueberry muffin. A single crumb remained on the corner of her bottom lip, sitting there like a well-chiseled bust on a pedestal, before being retrieved by her tongue and pulled softly back into her mouth. Benjamin made an awful pun and glanced sidelong towards Herman, hoping for an ounce of companionship or, at the very least, a pity laugh. Herman complied, chuckling sarcastically. Benjamin smirked, his ego outwardly inflated, masking the desperation for Herman's appreciation that resided within him.

She knew, of course, what he thought of her. His caring would make it a bit more difficult to complete the following action. Not that much more difficult, though. It would be interesting, actually, to note how his mood towards her would change as she killed him.
He happened to finish his drink just a tad before she completed her muffin. She ravenously consumed the last morsels of the blueberry-infused treat, and disposed of its packaging in a nearby receptacle. Herman checked her watch. It was 16:32. If she was going to get rid of him, now would be the time. Everybody else had clubs or activities, and he was infamous in their group for spending time with people who made copious amounts of bad decisions. The blame could easily be placed on any one of them, or on the whole group, and nobody would question it.

She asked him if he would walk her to the field house for practice, and he joyously complied. As they walked, she decided to put the plan into action, stating that she'd forgotten her spare shorts at the local laundromat, where she'd been washing them, as she'd earlier spilled a frothy beverage upon them. (This story, of course, was only partially true. She had, in fact, spilled her white latte onto her shorts, though she hadn't brought them to the local laundromat. Actually, she contemplated, there wasn't a local laundromat. She hoped Benjamin wouldn't notice.) He followed her down the side road, continuing to chatter on about unimportant garbage. Suddenly, he stopped. "Wait, there isn't a laundromat in town-" He was cut off as Herman turns and ran her blade along his neck, breaking through the skin in the same way that a parasite might break through the back of the fly serving as its host. She'd hoped the job would be more clean, that she wouldn't have to use her dagger, but he had caught onto her tricks. She'd need to find a location to stow his corpse. She would come back later, to take care of the body properly, but for the time being, anywhere he wouldn't be found would have to do. As Benjamin choked on his blood, Herman shoved him into a garbage bag and hauled the dying boy to an abandoned dumpster. She stepped between the outline of his head and his chest, cutting off whatever air supply may remain, until he stopped struggling. She hoisted the bag into the dumpster, then quickly ran to a hose behind a nearby apartment building, so as to clean off the blood of her victim.

Herman walked back towards the school grounds, waving her hands by her sides so as to dry them. "What a shame," she thought to herself. "I forgot to note how his emotions towards me changed as he died." She picked up her pace as a police cruiser drove by. "I doubt he had much time to react at all." She chuckled to herself, then turned left when she reached the main road.

"How lucky," she muttered. Her next victim was walking her way.