Matches, Letters, Reunions and Me

Start from the beginning

"You can't honestly say you wanted me here so we could have some tea and a little chat." I sighed.

"Well, no. Can you see some tea?" Regulus asked rhetorically.

"Yes." I answered sarcastically. "It's right there." I pointed to the spot on the floor.

"Oh very smart. You've managed to pass the test of being able to see invisible tea." Regulus gave a short but exaggerated clap to mock me, while staring at me; frowning.

"I'm chuffed." I stated. I decided to ask about something that had been bothering me. "I saw you with Snape. Something about time?"

Regulus shrugged and looked away. "It was nothing much." He lied.

"Don't lie."

"I'm not lying."

"You're doing it again." I pointed out.

"I saw you with Sirius Black." The disgust in his tone was evident "I would mention something you've been talking about, but I happen to see you with him quite frequently." Regulus spat.

I paused for a moment. "We're friends." I agreed with the fact that we had been spending time together. There was the transfiguration thing; the Hogsmeade thing; Quidditch; detention. I chose my words carefully. I could tell Regulus anger was rising at the very thought of me and Sirius spending time together. Even Regulus would admit he has a jealous streak.

Well, a jealous streak when it had anything to do with Sirius. Sirius was the model child before he formed his own mind, when Sirius was cast aside for being different. Regulus took his place as the perfect child but Regulus always thought he still didn't compare. He was never going to be Sirius. He was always going to be Regulus. No matter what he did, he would live in the shadow of a 'scum bag Muggle loving Gryffindor' as Regulus put it on many occasions.

"You're being friends with him?" Regulus seethed, "You didn't even really talk to him while we were dating!" Regulus was now pacing, I watched him walk up and the room. "How could you even stand him?" His fists were clenched. "I don't understand."

"It's quite easy."

"You're not good enough with making one Black falling in love with you? You have to go after the other brother? What next? Going after Bella next?"

I snorted, "As if. She's not my type and she can't count now, she is a Lestrange. Also I'm not trying to make Sirius fall in love with me. His feelings are purely platonic."

"How can you know?" He asked, looking at me for a moment, before he carried on with his pacing.

"It's me." I answered simply.

Regulus thought about it for a moment. "That's true. You're not his type."

For some reason; that stung quite a bit.

"I don't know. Still why him? You could have made friends with any guy, but it has to be my brother!"

"Regulus, you can't be jealous. We weren't meant to be."

"How can you say that?" He screeched, "You say it so simply." He whispered, "And that hurts."

"You can't talk. You can't even voice your feelings to the people you love. You don't have the courage. You would rather let me go that risk your flimsily reputation. You can't even admit you love me to anybody else but me." I snapped.

"But I tell you!"

"I don't care. I don't want to live in a world where we were a secret. I didn't care about the danger or the thrill, I just wanted you. You were never there when I truly needed you." I fumed, unable to stop myself; Regulus knew the buttons to push. "Face it Regulus Arcturus Black, you're a bad boyfriend for me."