Names, Wishes, Hallowe'en And Me

Start from the beginning

"Siri is fine then if that's the options. Though Sir sounds like I have power-"

"-and it sounds like you're old." I laughed, "I guess so. We saw her at breakfast this morning, she was about to say something but Izzie glared at her and she actually ran away!"

Sirius laughed again. "I probably would too if Izzie had something against me."

"How do you know she doesn't?"

Sirius went a little paler. "She doesn't though? Right?"

"I think she doesn't. If she has she would have told me."

Sirius posture became looser. I watched as he ran his fingers through his hair and for a moment, I understood why so many girls fell for his charm. "That's good then."

"Izzie is sweet really. I depend on her and she depends on me. She's just a bit protective."

"I can see why."

My forehead creased in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"If Izzie didn't do anything, you would have let Cade get away with upsetting you wouldn't you?"

I thought of it for a moment.

Sirius was right. I would have said nothing and lived with it.

"You're right." I sighed, "That's why I'm glad I have a friend who doesn't take any crap."

Sirius smiled.

"What are you two doing out of bed?" Professor McGonagall asked. We turned around to look at her.

"You know," I paused thinking of something, "Bill A Bob Bon Bon stole all my socks. So I'm searching for them and Mr Black was being a gentleman helping me to search for them. "I pointed to my feet. "See Professor, my socks don't match. I don't think Bill A Bob Bon Bon likes me much." I could see out of the corner of my eye that Sirius was trying his hardest not to burst out laughing.

"And what is Bill A Bob Bon Bon?"

"Erm," I stuttered, but then the idea came to me, "A Ghost! Yeah, that's right! Bill A Bob Bon Bon is a ghost!"

Professor McGonagall lips twitched for a moment, "I haven't heard of this ghost before, but very well, off to bed now. Ten points from Gryffindor each. Don't let me catch you again. This is regular Mr Black but Miss O'Neill this is rather unexpected. Now go."

I nodded before walking off with Sirius. If only she knew that I was actually studying for her class.

Once we got in the Common room, we both burst out laughing.

"What the hell Nell? A Ghost who stole your socks?" Sirius said between laugher. "Genius! McGonagall didn't know what to do! Where do you come up with this stuff?"

"My noggin." I replied pointing to my head, "I don't know where Bill A Bob Bon Bon came from either."

"Classic."

We stood there for a moment looking at each other.

"I'd better go." I said; the air around us had become awkward.

"Me too." Sirius agreed.

I quickly walked into the dormitory; everyone else was asleep, so I got changed and went to bed. I soon was lost in dreams.

"Happy Halloweeeeen!" Izzie yelled in my face in the morning.

"Eugh. Go away." I mumbled as I turned away from her.

Mmm. The cold side of the pillow is always quite nice.

"Nellie Aar-"

"-I'm up!" I sighed, accepting defeat.