Names, Wishes, Hallowe'en And Me

Start from the beginning

"No. I'm naturally pessimistic. I just prefer being optimistic."

Sirius raised his eyebrow again, "Anyway. What are you trying to do?"

"Change this pebble into a butterfly. Then, I wanted to change it back into a pebble."

Sirius nodded and took the pebble out of my hand. A jolt of electricity went through me. I hated when that happens. I shivered, though I didn't know whether it was from the cold air or something else.

Sirius then pulled out his wand and pointed it at the pebble. "Severio Lamento." He whispered. His breath could be seen in the dark. I pulled my cloak closer to me. Within seconds the pebble changed from a common thing into something amazing. It had the most vivid red wings I'd ever seen with forest green splodges on them. It flew around us in a circle. If I wasn't so amazed, I'd probably thought it was going to eat us.

"It's beautiful." I said in awe. I thought for a moment, it needed a name. "I'm going to call it 'Buttie Mknutty Fly.'"

Sirius laughed, "First 'Mr Snuggles Le Fuggles La Muggle' now 'Buttie Mknutty Fly'. I'd hate to be named by you. Nellie, you make up some interesting names."

"It's a family trait."

"So you've all got weird names?"

"Not really. It's more about the combination we're given. I mean my middle names are all arranged alphabetically."

"Ah. That's a little odd but Nellie isn't that odd, then again, you're the only Nellie in the school."

"And you are only Sirius."

"Sirius isn't original though, It's just another star name my family likes using. Least your name is probably original. Blacks just re use the same old names."

"Ah, but you're a different kind of Sirius."

"You think?" He asked, the butterfly flying into the palm of his hand. His finger was stroking its silky surface and for a moment, Sirius devoted all of his attention on it. Sirius almost looked and I daresay; sweet. Sirius Black looking sweet?

Where are those flying pigs?

"I am sure of it." I replied. I watched how the butterfly flew from Sirius hand and flew on top of my head.

A butterfly is on my head.

I hope it doesn't think it's a nest and lays its eggs.

No. Wait. That's birds isn't it?

Sirius kicked a small stone, "I'm freezing to death here. You want to go?"

"I suppose so." Sirius walked over to me and stood dangerously close in front of me. He looked at me for a moment while chewing on his bottom lip. The air felt thicker for a moment and my stomach felt like I'd eaten too many sweets. He scooped Buttie Mknutty Fly off my head. He muttered a few words and Buttie Mknutty Fly was once again a pebble. I felt sad for a moment but Sirius soon cured that when he opened up my hand, placed the pebble inside and closed it again.

"Let's go then?" Sirius said looking around.

"Okay." I picked up my bag and swung it over my shoulder.

"So, Nell, you okay about what happened yesterday?"

I shuddered at Cade's words. "Well, Siri-"

"Siri?" Sirius questioned.

"If you can shorten mine, I can shorten yours. Si, is odd, Sir, sounds like your about fifty with a very large moustache. Siri is cute. Or shall I call you Siri-whimsy? I like that too."