“Well when talking about Cho and her backstory they mentioned drug trafficking. What's to say my parents were not involved with this part of the system? Leaving the idea open it allowed people to make their own judgement and opinion on what they believe happened.”

Kyoko nodded. “The imagination is a very powerful tool really.”

Lory was amazed by the understanding that had been put behind the back story. He was sure he had the answer to his next question.

“So the story was all planned out then?” Lory was so sure his answer would be to the positive, that when Kyoko shook her head Lory almost spat out the tea he had just had.

“What!! You're telling me the story wasn’t planned out!?” Lory wanted to jump to his feet but doubted they would hold his weight as he thought about the enormity of what Kyoko had just implied.

“Not really. We decided that to make it really believable we needed more of a fluid structure so we simply set a few boundaries and a few ideas then Mrs. Heel took the helm. Julie-san is very knowledgeable with the women in this industry. So when she had a grasp of what Sakura was up to she simply indicated in which direction we would be moving and we ad libbed from there.” Lory looked about to fall off the seat as he stared at the four of them.  Kuu was rather enjoying the moment preferring to watch Lory’s reaction.

He could have told him how simple it was to do with Kyoko and Kuon’s acting. How the story had been able to simply flow through them and in the depth of his characters hearts he had lived the story and emotions. He had been Calvin in that moment as Julie had been Sayuri and even if he wanted to shout it to the entire world how amazing his ‘sons' were. He knew he couldn’t, but it truly was their love that had made the act so believeable.

That love that Kyoko denied with all her heart and soul yet felt so keenly. Even he  could not deny that not only was Kuon in love with Kyoko, but the same went for Kyoko for Kuon.

They talked for another half an hour before the Heels left together again with the Love Me ladies heading for the hotel.

It was just before 10pm when someone knocked on the door  gently. The Heels had dismissed the girls to their own leisure straight after dinner saying that it had been a tiring and emotionally wrought day and the girls were probably just as tired as they were.

Kanae had to agree. The story the family had re-lived on stage was almost something she could not even fathom or begin to understand. Yet somewhere deep inside, she could see the mental pictures of the terrified little girl who would grow up to be Setuska and the strong yet emotionally, and perhaps mentally scared, young boy who would grow up to be Cain.

The pain in Setsu’s words. Her emotions at the story that was yet to unfold and her violent yet terrified outburst, made so much sense now it cut like a mortal blade slicing straight to her heart. So deep had it cut that Kanae now sat here going over the suspects again and again, trying so desperately to find a reason, a motive. Something! Anything! Just something that could find the culprit... something to stop not only Setsu, but also Cain from feeling another ounce of pain. They simply didn’t deserve it!

Kanae rubbed her eyes tiredly. She knew Chiori felt the same way, but had sent her off to bathe and then to bed knowing the younger woman had not slept so well the night before after the trolley incident. Standing slowly and stretching out her back she walked to the door and opened it.

“Hello?” she asked before fully looking up to the person standing before her. When she did Kanae was speechless.

“I have no excuse,” Setsu said as she stood there before Kanae. “Would it be ok if i came in?”