Clashing Magic

Harry POV

Ron, Hermione, and I were walking to platform 9 & 3/4, Professor McGonagle had decided that all students would be retaking the year, considering the dictatorship Hogwarts was under last year. We were searching for an empty compartment on the train but couldn't find any, finally in the back we found one with only one occupant.

"Should we use this one?" Ron asked as we stopped "We don't have much of a choice, do we? There are no other compartments," Hermione mused "Besides," i said, joining in "Maybe we can figure out who this kid is, he doesn't look much older than us, Maybe a transfer student?" Ron and Hermione agreed, so I opened the door.

"Hello, can we join you? Everywhere else is full." Ron asked, looking at the black haired boy "Sure, i dont mind, besides its better than doing nothing this whole trip," He answered with an accent i couldn't place. Nodding gratefully, we entered.

"So, whats your name?" i asked, i didn't bother to tell him ours, he probably knew us from the war . "Im Percy Jackson, well actually Perseus, but don't call me that." He answered "Whats yours?" My mouth fell open in shock, Ron and Hermione had similar expressions "You don't know me?" I asked incredulously, Percy shook his head apologetically "Im Harry Potter," understanding flooded onto his face "oooooh, sorry, i know who you are i just didn't recognize you, I'm from America." He explained. "So your a transfer student then?" Hermione guessed. Percy blushed "No actually, id tell you but that'd ruin the surprise" he grinned Mischievously. "Oh come on, we wont tell," whined Ron. Percy just smiled again "Nope, sorry" Ron slouched "Ugh, fine."

We chatted for the rest of the time and changed into our robes, though strangely Percy didn't. As we left the train Percy waved goodbye, saying he had somewhere he had to be. Hagrid led away the first years and the rest of us headed toward the threstral pulled carriages, there were murmurs of wonder from the many people who could see them, now that they had see death. "Oh those are threstrals," Ron said "Yeah." I confirmed glumly, Hermione shot me a sympathetic look, knowing that i was thinking the shouldn't have to see them. We entered the great hall and hermione gasped "What?" I asked her "Look, thats what Percy was waiting for!" She whisperd excitedly, nodding towards the head table. Ron and looked to where she was pointing, there sat Percy talking with Snape (a/n this is my story so Snape somehow miraculously lived) Ron gaped in shock "But he's barely older than us!" He protested "Well hopefully he can actually teach, despite his age, other than that i think its fine" i shrugged, it seemed like he was an okay guy after all.

Professor McGonagle stood to give her speech after all the first years had been sorted, it was odd to see her in Dumbledores place but he was happy it wasn't Snape there instead.

"Students, old and new, welcome to another year. Terrible things have happened but now Voldemort is no more," she paused as people shivered though, harry noticed, Percy did not "Despite this we have survived and so let us begin a school year free of worry and fear!" She paused once more as students cheered. "Now, I'd like to introduce your new defense professor, Mr. Perseus Jackson." Percy stood and smile at us "Um, hello," he scratched the back of his neck "Im going to be teaching you, yes, but i would prefer if you just called me Percy," smiled bashfully "Um, thanks, and have a good night" he smiled again and sat down. Professor McGonagle continued "Professor Jackson," she said pointedly, casting a scolding glance at him "may be young but he is very experienced and loyal. If you ever need help of an kind you can go to him, as well as any other teachers." She looked over the assembled students "Now, lets eat." With those words the tables filled and she sat down.

The rest of the night continued without incident except that Percy put some of his food into a small brazer by his plate. When we were finished Hermione and Ron lead first years to the towers, explaining a bit about how Hogwarts works. Wen i got into our dormitory I changed into my pajamas on autopilot, said good night to Ron and promptly fell asleep.

\~\~\~\~\\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~LINE BREAK\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\

WHOOO! I feel proud! I think i managed a good chapter :) so i'll say goodbye. Thanks for reading! :) 😀😃😄😊😝😉😎😇😇😺😸😹🔥🌟💫⭐🌠🎉🎉🎊🔆🎶🎶✔🔱🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

🔸🔹Inkwings🔹🔸